where is it now???
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: where is it now??? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:37 am
    ----
is this grille still with us??
dennis
[img][/img]

#2: Re: where is it now??? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:20 pm
    ----
Love your album as usual, thank you for sharing all your great efforts with all of us. I am 99% sure that the color shot of the Jagdtiger on the last page of the album is the one at Aberdeen now. intersting o see it's presumambly original paint job.
Thanks again

Jeff Lewis

#3: Re: where is it now??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:23 pm
    ----
Where was the picture taken?

Neil

#4: Re: where is it now??? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:38 pm
    ----
neil
just says" Henschel tank test centre"

dennis

#5: Re: where is it now??? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:19 pm
    ----
Hi J! Hi Folks!

- jtrowbridge5
is this grille still with us??
dennis
[img][/img]

I have one short paragrafe on the Grille (Cricket) family of SP chassis by Krupp and one on the 17/21. "This ambitious programme was beyond the strained resources of the Germany of 1943-45, and none reached production status." "Prototype vehicle was commenced, though it was not finished by the time hostilities ceased".

If the vehicle was not complete, I would think somebody sent it to the scrap metal pile to be cut up. Why keep an unfinished hull around?

It would be wild if it was setting in someone's collection however.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: where is it now??? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:24 pm
    ----
You can find some info on this prototype here: www.achtungpanzer.com/pz13.htm

Usually any survivors are mentioned, so I would presume this one didnt... Keep in mind they scrapped the E-100 chassis at Bovington in the 1950s...

Neil

#7: Re: where is it now??? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Usually any survivors are mentioned, so I would presume this one didnt... Keep in mind they scrapped the E-100 chassis at Bovington in the 1950s...

I think same.
BTW some unique german AFVs still preserved in Kubinka Wink Waffentrager and StuIG 33, for example

#8: Re: where is it now??? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:10 pm
    ----
Speaking of armored vehicles at Kubinka, does anyone know where I can get some more information or books on the SU-101 "Uralmash" self-propelled gun prototype?

I've always been fascinated with this particular tank but cannot find anything on it.

Jeff

#9: Re: where is it now??? Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:14 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
Speaking of armored vehicles at Kubinka, does anyone know where I can get some more information or books on the SU-101 "Uralmash" self-propelled gun prototype?

I've always been fascinated with this particular tank but cannot find anything on it.

Jeff

I think, all real useful info about this self-propelled gun on the russian language.

After study of experience of front use various SPs, in August 1943 main designer of a Uralmashzavod L.Gorlitski has offered to design of SP with a battle cabin behind. Such configuration was the most successful for battles without ways and protected better crew of the machine. However the chief of OGK NKTP Ber has not permitted to make SU-100 with such configuration.

But in 1944 such decision was approved and by �¾ctober the Uralmashzavod has made 4 projects of different perspectiv machines, two from which had configuration " for a Ferdinand type ".

October 26 the Uralmashzavod has received the order to finish designing and to construct an experienced sample such SP with use of the engine and mechanisms of the tank T-44. In March the project of the machine, receiving a name "Uralmash-1", was carried out, and in the beginning of May on tests sometimes there were the experienced samples. One was armed by 100-mm gun D-10S (SU-101), and the second - 122-mm gun D-25-44S (SU-102) with a unitary round. Both self-propelled have shown on tests good results and were recommended for acceptance on a service. But the war was terminated, and for a service in peace time the reliability of mechanisms of the tank T-44 was unsufficient. On a service "Uralmash-1" have not accepted .

Also bigger article is here, Babel Fish using translate:
babelfish.altavista.co...FID%3D3229

#10: Re: where is it now??? Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:47 pm
    ----
www.weapon.df.ru/tanks...dex-e.html try this,

#11: Re: where is it now??? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:51 pm
    ----
Cool, thanks guys!

-> AFV News Discussion Board