Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:03 am
    ----
It's in the "sticky" thread at top of the forum menu, and can be found here:

www.com-central.net/in...amp;t=4853

It is also now available as a pdf file without registration for non-members at Com-Central at this address:

216.176.86.154/afv/USA...s_V2.2.pdf

Mega-thanks to Neil for his Herculean effort on this task and to Com-Central for hosting it (and to George Bradford for bringing us all together).

So, who's gonna' step up and do the 'Urpean version(and Asian, and S. American, and all the other continents, huh)? Wink

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:26 am
    ----
We also need a Canadian one too! I sorta started a draft of a European one, but its all of 2 pages long...

Neil

#3: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:02 am
    ----
I keep getting the following when I try to open it, "This file could not be found", any ideas, I'm anxious to see this.

#4: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:22 am
    ----
Try this: shorterlink.com/?YMHF57

Neil

#5: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now availa Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:03 am
    ----
I can open it all the way to the word document window but I get this message. Sorry it's fuzzy.

#6: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:35 am
    ----
Hmm... I dont know what the problem is, it opens up for me fine. Have you tried right clicking on the link and saving ('saving target as') to your desktop?

Neil

#7: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:54 am
    ----
Incidentally, from the message you are getting, it seems to think its on your hard-drive? Hence the C:\ part of it? Not sure what to tell you... May want to check the link address your computer is telling you.

Neil

#8: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:55 am
    ----
Thanks Neil, that woked, now I have alot of reading to do so if you'll excuse me.....

#9: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:10 am
    ----
Hello Neil,
It looks very nice!!!. I will send you what I have about Canada and Europe. Unfortunately it is only MBT's......

It is very nice to see that there is such an interest in keeping track of wreck and relics!

Regards,
Lesley

#10: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:49 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Neil,
It looks very nice!!!. I will send you what I have about Canada and Europe. Unfortunately it is only MBT's......

It is very nice to see that there is such an interest in keeping track of wreck and relics!

Regards,
Lesley

HA! It worked, he took the bait! Wink

#11: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:50 pm
    ----
Heck, Leslie sent me his Canada/Europe draft already!

Neil

#12: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:13 pm
    ----
Great job, Neil!

#13: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:14 pm
    ----
Incidentally, I am doing a fairly major reformatting. After seeing Leslie's originals, I decided to so reformatting. In particular almost all locations will be listed under the city, instead of in the notes on the right. This will also reduce the footnotes (which had become rather cumbersome), albeit with more pages. At the same time I will try to include a content page with links to each state. This may be more of a V2.0 than 1.1...

Neil

#14: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:52 pm
    ----
Hey folks - I've been thinking (always dangerous)

And I'm going to put Neil on a spot. I just sent him a PM with a couple correctiona and in it I told him I've got a friend with a 'Comb binding machine' and once I get my copy bound would he autograph it for me.

Continuing that thought-This list runs about 85 pages printed out in it's current form. I plan on keeping a printed copy with me when I travel so I can know about any nearby spots I want to see if a trip changes while I am on the road.

I think that a spiral or comb bound edition would sell at places like Aberdeen or the Patton museum and possibly some other places. What do y'all think?

#15: Re: Neil Baumgardner's Official U.S. AFV registry now available! Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:10 pm
    ----
Bob, great idea, with a couple of adjoinders. One, this just about has to be a "living document" that is continously updated. That probably makes it better for the web... Two, well, it would have to be cleaned up an awlful lot to be printed professionally...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board