"Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys....
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:04 pm
    ----
...and the astute amongst ya' might well be askin', "Where's the '06 "Night Rod" VR?" Well, short answer is, it fried the ECM module at 240 MILES(!), then on warranty service, revealed a 20% out-of-spec compression of one cylinder on a leak-down test, by which time this consumer said "I ain't takin' it back!".

Having a good dealer (as opposed to a responsive manufacturer...trust me, I called), an accomodation was reached and I got a new-for-'07 DynaGlide Custom with the new 96inch Twin Cam engine and SIX speed transmission. Took delivery yesterday. Beaucoup torque, buttery transmission, clutch lighter than my wife's Triumph.

So, we hadda' go for a ride today and she wanted pics by the beach in Carlsbad...here are a few (Her Bonnie is an '02 with 20K miles on it, but it runs great):

#2: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:08 pm
    ----
Shocked

Nice ride !

fled
Cool

#3: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-EXOS PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:46 pm
    ----
Mostly impressed about the wife, but, hey, nice ride...!!!

#4: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:07 am
    ----
- JG300-EXOS
Mostly impressed about the wife, but, hey, nice ride...!!!

Me too, she's easily the best thing recommending our household. Wink

#5: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: Combat PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 am
    ----
Very Nice Ascout!

#6: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:26 pm
    ----
Very nice.

#7: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:34 pm
    ----
What really rubs is that her bike drew more attention outside Jay's Goumet Seafood than mine did (at 1/4 the cost)....and as we were watching from inside, I'm pretty sure it wasn't because she was sittin' on it! Evil or Very Mad

#8: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:24 pm
    ----
Outstanding, dude. Dang shame about the Night Rod, but that Dynaglide is something else!!!! And Mrs. Ascout sure looks incredibly and rightfully pleased with he Bonnie......quite a nice ridin' family ya got there!

#9: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:32 am
    ----
Nice pics indeed Ascout,and about the V rod I think that dispite your valiant effort to embrace it that rather large rad made for bad karma

#10: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 pm
    ----
- JG300-Dan736
Nice pics indeed Ascout,and about the V rod I think that dispite your valiant effort to embrace it that rather large rad made for bad karma

Moral: "Embracing the change sometimes leads to carpet burns." Wink

#11: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:27 am
    ----
What a difference 27 years makes. Rolling Eyes

#12: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:08 am
    ----
Indeed - along with other differences it's very noticeable how they made the seat a lot more comfy for ya now!!!

#13: Re: "Esposa de Ascout" models the new toys.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Indeed - along with other differences it's very noticeable how they made the seat a lot more comfy for ya now!!!

Just to show ya' how long ago was 27 years, that paper-thin wafer of a seat was a Corbin-Gentry aftermarket (with some padding removed from the pillion pad, to the annoyance of my S-O at the time). Yep, the same Mike Corbin that struck out on his own and now has his own custom house and sponsored TV show on Speedchannel or somethin' (and marketed that abominable covered trike thingy) and sells that cool furniture like the car-sofa...

www.corbin.com/

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum