A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:12 pm
    ----
Hi Guys-
I'm just sticking my toe in the water, not suggesting any of you buy my collection, just trying to guage possible interest. It recently occurred to me that, I never refer to my collection of Fine Scale Modeller. I very often refer to past articles in Military Modelling, but not FSM. So, in order to free up some space, I am thinking of selling my collection of FSM issues. The collection runs from the early eighties to 2004. I suppose I could take the time to count all the issues. However, untill I discover the level of interest, I just cannot be bothered. Anyway, is anyone out there interested? I would only be looking for .50 cents an issue, I definitely do not see a gold mine in this collection!
Thanks-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#2: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:22 pm
    ----
very interesting geoff. i have done the same with every mag i buy. having the thought that one day...
i used to have the room for everything to be on the shelf but not any more, most wind up in the attic (still accessible though).
.50 cents sounds very reasonable. are there mags for sale on amazon or other book selling websites? could compare to their sights, or post and sell there...
only thing i could think of is that the cost of S&H. would it cost more to ship the collection than to purchase the collection?
shawn

#3: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:19 pm
    ----
Hi Shawn-
Actually, if I were to mail just one mag. the postage would be more than .50 cents so, obviously, shipping the whole collection would cost more than the collection itself. I have not checked whether there are any mags available on amazon or anywhere else. So far, I am only examining options. It may prove easier to just toss the mags in the garbage, a sad fate, but maby the only available one.
Thanks for your interest-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#4: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:11 pm
    ----
Geoff, would there be a hobby shop, or a modelling club near where you live? Before you dump them, they may be interested in them. I am like you, would hate to see them go to waste.

#5: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: geoffsteer PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:24 pm
    ----
Hi Tanklord-
Thanks for your suggestion. I called my local hobby shop (Kieth's, here in Toronto) and asked if they would be interested. The reply was pretty much exactly what I expected, they were not interested. I was told they'd been down this road many times, the magazines dont sell, people paw through the whole collection and leave a mess without buying. The space situation is not yet critical so, for the time being, the magazines are in no danger, they are looking over the cliff edge though!
Cheers-
Geoff Steer [;-{/)

#6: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:36 pm
    ----
See if Keiths has a bulletin board and put a notice there. You may have to give them away, but at least they won't go straight to the garbage can Smile

#7: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:55 pm
    ----
Just a thought, how about posting them on E bay in the model section? The buyer would pay the shipping and you might get some interest instead of just dumping them.

Jeff Lewis

#8: Re: A large collection of Fine Scale Modeller... Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:36 am
    ----
Hi,

I've been toying with what to do with my own, less that complete, collection. I've pretty much arrived at the point where I'm just going to flip through each issue and tear out the articles that I think I might want. There can't be more than one or two articles in each issue that I'll really want. Later I might put them into a binder or two. If I do it a few issues at a time, then it shouldn't be too bad of a job.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board