ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:56 pm
    ----
Good morning all,

here are some more photos from "what did I do last summer" I'm not going to try to ID these but one of you guys that knows them can.....The museum appeared to be abandoned the day I was there, grass hadn't been cut, equipment open and rusting and it was a long drive from most everywhere, i give it a 2 on the 0-10 scale..again I say I know nothing about postwar armor, but thanks to you all I'm learning......

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:34 pm
    ----
WOW... !!!

Looks like someone needs to repossess and care for those vehicles.

I tell you what..... I'll take the M151A2 (Jeep), the M42 'Duster',Soviet T55, & the A6 'Intruder'....HAHAHA.

I would be sure to give them a nice home and care for them.... anyone else wanna take any of the 'leftovers'?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Regards

#3: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:08 pm
    ----
I believe thats a T-62 actually? No?

Neil

#4: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:13 pm
    ----
I'll take the BMP-1

#5: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:12 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

If we are talking about taking some vehicles so we can protect them, then I will take that M113! Looks like it was just driven a few minutes before the photo was taken. It's a shame that who ever was driving it left all those hatchs open so rain could get inside. Evil or Very Mad Sad

I agree with the call that the Soviet tank is a T-62. The one thing I always use to confirm a T-62 is a rear view where you can see the bulge for the transmission in the bottom line of the hull.

My 2 cents on what needs saving! Smile
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:43 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I believe thats a T-62 actually? No?

Neil

Yes - its an ex-egyptian army one.

Cool

#7: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:05 am
    ----
Man, do I hate seeing armor sitting there like that. I'll take the whole collection, spread them across an acre of land, care for them and the grounds, and make a fitting tribute of them. Makes me sick seeing them that way. I would have been "IN" all of them snapping away with a camera and recording serial / USA numbers. Where exactly is this place and who is the supposed care taker?

#8: Re: ALLEGHENY ARMS & ARMOR MUSEUM, SMETHPORT PA, PICS TO ID Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:43 am
    ----
Jeff, Yes, It is a shame, I saw no one there so I don't know what the story is. Seems like maybe Uncle Sam should repossess our stuff.
Maybe someone is sick or something and can't care for it....Here's the web page, its really off the beaten path, we were on a 10 museum trip and this was a side trip, it sounds great on the webpage..... www.armormuseum.com/

-> AFV News Discussion Board