Italian Time Check!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Italian Time Check! Author: Combat PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:58 pm
    ----
This is just great! Make sure to watch it till the end!

Caio!

www.singfine.com/media...e_time.wmv

#2: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:38 pm
    ----
just um LMAO!

#3: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 am
    ----
ROTFL!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

#4: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:09 pm
    ----
hey was that bushy layin down tellin the guy on the scooter the time? sry bush just had to lmao

#5: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:39 pm
    ----
Yep, the guy on the scooter asks the time, the other one, after testing the donkey's test**les, replies it's 5:35; rather perplexed, the first one asks again, and the country-man answers now it's 5:36. So he trims his watch.

On the way back, just out of curiosity, he asks the time again and, being the reply it's 7:15, he looks astonished at his watch and has to admit the answer is absolutely correct.

Astounded, he wonders how the country-man can read the time out of the donkey's balls... no, I'm just lifting them up - below there's the bell tower!

In passing, both the characters are well known italian cabaret actors.
Mr. Green
Marco

Last edited by Uhu_Rodion on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:46 pm
    ----
LOL Trigger, that's my brother...lol (Kiddin' of course...:D)

Great video!

#7: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: A1Trigger_HappyLocation: Alabama, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:17 pm
    ----
i figured as much bushy Wink

#8: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Combat PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:23 pm
    ----
Marco! Thanks for the details! lol

My son "CherryRiver" aka Combat jr is taking Italian as his second language and didn't do too well explaining! lol

#9: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:52 am
    ----
A pleasure - and a fun - Combat!

I guess your son had some troubles trying to translate, because the actors speak in a slight roman dialect, so the pronounce is not so clear, but the effect, at least to my ears, is even more exilarating, as it pictures perfectly the lazy attitude which is so common amongst us Wink

Marco

#10: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: Combat PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:34 am
    ----
I guess your son had some troubles trying to translate, because the actors speak in a slight roman dialect, so the pronounce is not so clear, but the effect, at least to my ears, is even more exilarating, as it pictures perfectly the lazy attitude which is so common amongst us

OK That explains it! He's lucky you bailed him out! lol

It's so true about the Italian dialects. My mother is from way up in the Italian Alps and my father is from Sicily. Their families came to the US when they were kids. When I was in Italy with them, when I was a teenager, one thing that really amazed me was how they struggled to understand the language when in different parts of the country. In some places my dad translated for my mom and in other places my mom translated for my dad.

S~

#11: Re: Italian Time Check! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 am
    ----
I'm like that when my Mum and Dad come to some parts of London... "innit?".

Wink

-> Officer's Club