Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#106: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:36 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

I wondered about a fording kit, but didn't see any provision for the intakes.

Through the turret Doug - like most tanks...

Cool

#107: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:45 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Doug_Kibbey

I wondered about a fording kit, but didn't see any provision for the intakes.

Through the turret Doug - like most tanks...

Cool

Did they fit a "tower" like we had? (probably not, on ones that old, I'm guessing...)

#108: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey

Did they fit a "tower" like we had? (probably not, on ones that old, I'm guessing...)

I'll have a check around and see.

Cool

#109: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:19 am
    ----
Or was it just for 'deep wading' like the sheet metal extensions on Shermans?

#110: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:06 pm
    ----
Some interesting photos and discussion on Romanian armor and WWII involvement generally to be found here:

www.worldwar2.ro/forum...=1778&st=0

#111: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:33 pm
    ----
I received an update on this lend-lease Sherman to the effect that this was fetched up some years ago out of the Prut riverbed. If I learn anything more about it, I'll let you know.

#112: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:44 pm
    ----
There is a free photography day at this museum from 16-17 May apparently!

#113: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:53 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
There is a free photography day at this museum from 16-17 May apparently!

"Airlines announce fare increases in anticipation of spike in Mid-May travel to Otopeni Airport"

This is very thoughtful for locals (like in-the-city locals), but of limited value apart from that. Let's consider how photography had harmed visitation...since my first visit, we've had two other members of this forum go, and I've returned. Somehow, my piddling efforts are not keeping visitors away in droves. This is a sadly misguided policy that is shared by more and more museums. Pictures increase visitation, not discourage it. They give people a reason to want to go themselves. They see what's there, and wish "if only that guy had gotten better views of this."

#114: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:01 pm
    ----
I have a local contact going on those days - Unfortunately he's only been bribed to take a single image of everything on display so I can plan for future bribes er visits....

Cool

#115: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: ossie PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:03 pm
    ----
hi

we are not going back to romania till christmas & new year for three weeks , knees up if you know what i mean.
i might try and go again, but for me the early stuff and the WW2 stuff intrests me more and of course the tr80m
ossie

#116: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:09 am
    ----
Just got in the images of the artillery exhibits at the military museum from my contact in Bucharest.

Have to admit there is stuff there that I cannot recognise Crying or Very sad

I'll post some when I get chance to reduce them a little.

Cool

#117: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:50 am
    ----
The Service Truck interior, '09. Better access for pictures, but mainly because it's deteriorating before our very eyes in the out-of-doors (especially being of a wooden van construction) so there is better access for more clear photos.

Seems like a better place to have been in the Winter time.

The drill press...

#118: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:57 am
    ----
Doug,

Did you have any more pictures of the Pz IV bow MG barrel sleeve?

Cheers,
Rik

#119: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: danif079Location: Bucharest PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:13 pm
    ----
- Rikard_Hufschmied
Doug,

Did you have any more pictures of the Pz IV bow MG barrel sleeve?

Cheers,
Rik

More pictures with PZ IV (T-4) at National Military Museum in Bucharest :

www.dishmodels.ru/wshow.htm?p=1221

#120: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 pm
    ----
I visited the Museum just a few days ago. Doug suggested to append my pictures to this topic, so that we keep the discussion centralized.

Here is the modified T-55:

More shots will follow, it just takes time to post-process all the RAW files. If you are looking for a specific subject, feel free to ask and I'll see if I have it covered.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board