Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#91: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Its a bit of a pain in the butt when I intended taking the usual highly detailed walkaround ( minimum of 50 images) of each artillery piece...

Cool

Well, that might add up, considering the size of the arty collection!

#92: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:12 am
    ----
Apparently there is a free day in May but I seriously doubt I will make it back then...

#93: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: ossie PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 am
    ----
It seems they have introduced a photography charge there... 30c an image apparently.

can you please explain, do you mean ? what is this in lei or RON. how do you pay?
we are going 27th
thanks
ossie

#94: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:51 pm
    ----
Its in Eurocents...

Cool

#95: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: ossie PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:00 am
    ----
Hi Jim and Doug

well if you know romanian my wife said " pula" not fair excatly typical
romanian. every other museum you do not pay for pictures. she also says she will tell them that it is a shame they do this on our way out.
question does Romanians have to pay if so the missus will make the pictures.
ossie

#96: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:49 am
    ----
Actually I would not normally have any objections to paying for a photography permit that would allow me to take as many images as I want in a day provided it was a reasonable price....

There is this school of thought amongst museum directors that if you let people take images in your musuem the number of visitors will drop whereas the evidence is exactly the opposite because no matter what anyone shows you in an image you cannot beat going to see the real thing.

For example how many of us have made the long trek to a museum/location just because such&such vehicle was there? I know I have on many occasions...

Cool

#97: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: ossie PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:06 pm
    ----
Went to the museum, there is three museums there in one, the national archive which is amazing especially the old guns with ivory on the handles and the Roman Uniforms,
Second is the uniforms and guns museum and third is the aviation museum.
But these are what I took

#98: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: ossie PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:09 pm
    ----
how do u upload pictures

#99: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:35 pm
    ----
- ossie
how do u upload pictures

Ossie,
You have options. You can get a service, free, like www.photobucket.com (what I use) where you can "hotlink" images to here. Or you have a "gallery" right here on Com-Central you can use. Right on the menu bar at left under "community". It's pretty self-explanatory. IMO, Photobucket is the better option because you can hotlink to anywhere, including off-site, not true with the C-C gallery, and the images can be clearer and no "copyright" bar at the bottom, etc. It's pretty nice. Let us know if you need any help. Wink

On photobucket now, you can upload three at a time, and they've upgraded the size of the accounts apparently.

#100: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 am
    ----
Hi Doug

On Photobucket if you click on add more at lower right of the upload listing you can do up to 20 at one shot Smile

HTH

Jeff Lewis

#101: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: ossie PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:24 am
    ----
ok gents

here are my pictures , follow the link.
s54.photobucket.com/al...m/?start=0

i hope you enjoy ossie

[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/oztank/romanian%20tank%2

the handels are in laid with IVORY and are really beutifull

#102: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:46 pm
    ----
Brilliant Ossie!!
Thanks very much, the TR85 pics are great.
Speak Soon
Tim

#103: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff.... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:00 pm
    ----
Hi Ossie! Hi Folks!

Great set of photos, love the T4(Mk IV) shots, thank you!
I found this photo interesting. Notice the pipes coming out of the fenders and running acrossed the top of the rear fender ends. I have never notice a T34 with that. Wonder if it is a smoke generator system?
- ossie

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#104: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:18 pm
    ----
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Ossie! Hi Folks!

I found this photo interesting. Notice the pipes coming out of the fenders and running acrossed the top of the rear fender ends. I have never notice a T34 with that. Wonder if it is a smoke generator system?

No they are the exhaust extensions for wading... they bolt on the ends of the exhausts.

Cool

#105: Re: Romanian Military Museum: Shermies, MkIV's, an' stuff... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:20 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Roy_A_Lingle
Hi Ossie! Hi Folks!

No they are the exhaust extensions for wading... they bolt on the ends of the exhausts.

Cool

I wondered about a fording kit, but didn't see any provision for the intakes.

-> AFV News Discussion Board