Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:55 pm
    ----
Not a AFV post but I thought you all might like it, these were taken in the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen. Nice toys.........

#2: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:01 pm
    ----
Ah, I see you got the "do not lick the guns" tour. Wink

Neil

#3: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:48 am
    ----
Neat place isn't it? You enter the Arms room from a dingy little video viewing area. a rather bland door opens then a big metal gray door swings open and you get a bigger version of picture 5. I love watching people as they come in the room.

I'm curious - when were you there ( the room has changed a little recently and isn't set up exactly like that now) and who gave you the tour? Did you get the whole 'Dr Atwater Show?'

By the way the annual 'Ordnance Museum Foundation' Christmas Party always includes a tour of the Arms Room by Dr Atwater. This year it's Saturday December 9. If you aren't a member you can still join and come meet everyone. I know most of y'all live too far away but I have to throw out the plug Smile

#4: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:01 am
    ----
I've been through Dr. Atwater's tour a couple of times. He's a very funny man. Did he bring out one of Sadam's gold plated AKs for you to drool over?

#5: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:32 pm
    ----
I went a couple of years ago with Elliot Deutsch. Elliot is a old friend, we have a interest in Coastal Fortifications.
I would like a little input from you guys, are these posts ok? Do they take up to much space? Are the pictures to big? I know with dial-up they are a pain. Is it ok to post this many pictures at once? thanks

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:32 pm
    ----
No problem using DSL (Dismally Slow Line).

#7: Re: Not a AFV post this is the small arms storeroom at Aberdeen Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:37 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
I would like a little input from you guys, are these posts ok? Do they take up to much space? Are the pictures to big? I know with dial-up they are a pain. Is it ok to post this many pictures at once? thanks

No problem...you're doing it the preferred way....using a hosting service like Photobucket (when hotlinking like this, Com-Central software automatically resizes the display to no more than 800x600, as we see here).

Thanks for posting and linking from a host!

Now.....who kicked over that lucious M60 with the black-as-new feed tray cover?!

-> AFV News Discussion Board