Surviving Panzers website
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 53, 54, 55  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#211: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Soldier_of_Industrial_WarLocation: rUsSiA PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 am
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
I'd argue against change #1
The Borgward types are very different from the Sturer Emil etc.
Change #2 has merit, perhaps putting the Sdkfz 4 with the Sdkfz250 etc (same running gear)
Change #4 also has merit, the T44 being a very different vehicle from the essentially 1930s tanks.
Change #5 I'd agree with, going as far as to suggest seperate French, Italian & Japanese sections.

1) Change #1 it is offered just because in a Sonderfahrzeuge-file should be collected ALL vehicles which differ from the standard. It is not a lot of them, and it is enough one file.

2) Sd. Kfz.10 and Sd. Kfz.250 - vehicles of different function, and they should be in different files (the same as both Sd. Kfz.11 and Sd. Kfz.251). But, for example, Sd. Kfz.7/1 (7/2) unarmored and Sd. Kfz.7/1 (7/2) armored should be in one file. Whether not so?

If it is accepted, "French" files already 5 pieces at present are, and they can be isolated in separate section.

#212: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 pm
    ----
- Soldier_of_Industrial_War

4) Presence at one file T-28, T-35 and T-44 is absolutely not logical. T-44 it is necessary to include in a separate file

well, when the PDF list was created, there was no real logic. Indeed, I wanted to create a list big enough, and I know only few examples for each type. That means, I would have had a list of 4 or 5 vehicles for the T-44 tank, and I wanted to do a bigger list, gathering vehicles without any other logic, technically speaking. Now that we know more vehicles, it is easier to split the file into 2 seperated ones.

Pierre-Olivier

#213: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:09 pm
    ----
- Soldier_of_Industrial_War
I propose to change the file structure:

1) Contents of "Surviving German WW2 large demolition vehicles" to include in the file "Surviving German WW2 Sonderfahrzeuge".

2) Section "WW2 tracked / unarmored vehicles" to remove. Her files to place in sections of the countries; "armoured vehicles" to change on "combat vehicles" or "fighting vehicles" or "military vehicles" or... (Variants are possible). Otherwise armoured and unarmored versions of one vehicle will appear in different files (for example, German halftracks). And it is incorrect.

3) T-27 and T-50 to change in places, that not to mix infantry and scout tanks.

4) Presence at one file T-28, T-35 and T-44 is absolutely not logical. T-44 it is necessary to include in a separate file.

5) For "the French files" to create separate section.

Your opinions?

- Pzkpfw-e
I'd argue against change #1
The Borgward types are very different from the Sturer Emil etc.
Change #2 has merit, perhaps putting the Sdkfz 4 with the Sdkfz250 etc (same running gear)
Change #4 also has merit, the T44 being a very different vehicle from the essentially 1930s tanks.
Change #5 I'd agree with, going as far as to suggest seperate French, Italian & Japanese sections.

#1 : I will keep the Sonderfahrzeuge and the German demolition vehicles seperated. The reason is that the purpose and the manner to use them are different.

#2 : I've already done some changes, removed the unarmored section and added a French WW2 section with 5 files. The German PDFs are now gathered. For the Japanese or Italian vehicles, there are not enough files to do a seperated section, I think.

#3 : why not.. I've not decided yet.

#4 : T-28 + T-35 and T-44 already seperated

# 5 : Already done.

# 6 : "Otherwise armoured and unarmored versions of one vehicle will appear in different files (for example, German halftracks). And it is incorrect." : well, that's a point of view. I would like to keep seperated the armoured half-tracks and unarmoured ones for now, we'll see what could be done in the future.

Pierre-Olivier

#214: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 pm
    ----
SdKfz 8 and SdKfz 9 "Famo" PDF list now available at :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_SdKfz8_SdKfz9.pdf

P-O

- Walter
Here you can find the first part of the surviving German Halftracks
the.shadock.free.fr/Su...dKfz10.pdf
This one is about the Light version
The medium and Heavy is coming next
Walter

#215: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
Cambridge Carrier, Swords & Ploughshares Museum.
picasaweb.google.com/l...w3CktvBg6g

#216: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:32 pm
    ----
Survivor List for SdKfz.6 and SdKfz.11 is now available
here the.shadock.free.fr/Su...dKfz11.pdf

Walter

#217: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Andreas PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:39 pm
    ----
Great.....thank's very much Walter Smile

#218: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Soldier_of_Industrial_WarLocation: rUsSiA PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm
    ----
T-37A hull - Vadim Zadorozhny Museum, Arhangelskoe, Moscow Oblast (Russia):

photofile.ru/users/pakuro/3869971/#

#219: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm
    ----
picasaweb.google.com/f...8319035986

Carden-Lloyd Mk ?? - Private colection ?
Photo taken at War & Peace Show 2010

#220: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:15 pm
    ----
I'd say Carden-Loyd Mark VI.

#221: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:22 am
    ----
M46 Patton in Korea?
img-fotki.yandex.ru/ge...be5dba70_L
Found it looking through a set of pictures with a JS3 on, that P-O updated recently.

#222: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 am
    ----
And a BTR152 wreck
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...05/?page=4
Syria/Israel?

SD100
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...37/?page=4

Another SU100
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...90/?page=6

More BTR152
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...40/?page=6

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...36/?page=6

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...35/?page=6

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...533?page=7

IS2
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...79/?page=7

One for us plane nuts, a Zero!
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...10/?page=7

Pity he doesn't give more information as to locations.

"M1 Howitzer turret"

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...18/?page=8

Croatian improvised APC?

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...17/?page=8

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...16/?page=8

More 152 wrecks at Stalin Line Museum

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...44/?page=8

T70 at Stalin Line Museum. Note Balkenkreuz!

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...48/?page=8

Profuse number of JS2?
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...54/?page=9

ISU152
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...56/?page=9

Saumur backlot
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...9/?page=10

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...8/?page=10

fotki.yandex.ru/users/...6/?page=10

No date information again.

Hungarian T55 scrapyard
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...7/?page=11

WW2 tank graveyard!!!!!!!!!!!
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...4/?page=11
Start at this one and there's another 10, but again.no date or location.They look like range wrecks, numbered. France somewhere?

Another IS3
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...55/?page=1

IS2 bunker
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...50/?page=0
Text says "Fortified area number 1 of Vladivostok defense area TOF.Pozitsiya 12-th company of tank firing points at the height of 71.u highway Vladivostok Habarovsk.Foto V. Ivanova"

Chi-Ha on Saipan
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...37/?page=0

#223: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e

WW2 tank graveyard!!!!!!!!!!!
fotki.yandex.ru/users/...4/?page=11
Start at this one and there's another 10, but again.no date or location.They look like range wrecks, numbered. France somewhere?

yes, these are located in France, near Bordeaux. The exact location is Blésignac, the GPS coordinates on Google maps are 44.764486,-0.256833

P-O

#224: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:32 pm
    ----
Adam,

it seems that you are still successful in finding new tanks and wrecks all aronud the world..

P-O

#225: Re: Surviving Panzers website (now incl. British tanks) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:55 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e

this is the Marmon-Herrington CTMS-1TB1 from Littlefield's collection.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board