A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro?
-> FSX

#1: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:21 pm
    ----
www.transgaming.com/in...=2&meid=-1

www.transgaming.com/in...ay&ceid=29

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#2: Re: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:34 pm
    ----
I've tried Cedega with MS Flight sims on several different distro's (Primarily Debian based) with limited success. The results have been so buggy that I gave up until some major breakthroughs (updates) come through.

Yep, I got 'em installed, but playability was aggravating at best. On the other hand, the Flight Sim that's made cross platform doesn't run well on Linux either...lol To see that flight sim, Click HERE!

I've heard the latest X-Plane is supposed to be cross platform too, but I haven't tried it since version 6.5. To see that one, Click HERE!

#3: Re: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:45 pm
    ----
Shadow_Bshwacker thanx for that info, much appreciated. As for X plane I saw it being retailed in a box recently [ version 8 or higher I think ] in the British high street store "Game" and if I remember right there was a "Linux" penguin on the box, I would have bought a copy but it was on DVD and I only had a CD ROM drive at the time.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#4: Re: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:07 pm
    ----
At some point in the future I would like to try X-Plane again on various OS' and see how it's progressed... Wink

#5: Re: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro? Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:12 pm
    ----
I think I read somewhere that there is a payware add-on facility to use FS2004/FS9 Scenery e.g. detailed airports in X Plane, that would open up a huge amount of software to X Plane if it works smoothly.

A freeware download [ but requires somework to convert the scenery ]

forums.x-plane.org/ind...p;fid=5605

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

PS some of these X-Plane aircraft sure look impressive

www.forjets.netfirms.c...age21.html

#6: Re: A possability to run FSX and FS2004 under a Linux distro Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:35 pm
    ----
By the way - you need a 3D card to run X-Plane (of course), and I wanted to test it on my brand new Linux partition, but in despite of all my efforts, I couldn't get the 3D support working.

I think I successfully installed the ATI drivers, but there's no 3D graphics working as yet - and I still can't figure out how to get some sound... I wonder how I made to get the modem working and well configured Shocked

Mmm, maybe I have to spend some more time around it Rolling Eyes
Wink
Marco

-> FSX