French Shermans of the Liberation-new book
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm
    ----
I'm happy to inform the community that the book 'French Shermans of the Liberation' has been released by the Editions du Barbotin of Trackstory fame (6 books on French AFVs of 1940, the next will be about the FCM 36 French Light Tank, due early 2007).
The pre-ordered books are now shipping.

You can see sample pages here
www.minitracks.fr/Sherman_FR.htm
and order direct (major credit cards or Paypal)

All the books and magazines released are fully bilingual (French-English)

Thanks for watching. Wink

PS: I am the author.
PPS: the manager is looking for authors, you can contact him directly - your work will be duly translated into French or English.

#2: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm
    ----
Claude, looks interesting. Does this book including a listing of all the "named" Shermans? It seems there are a lot of Shermans around France that have the same name as one from 44/45, but arent the right model, etc.

Neil

#3: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
It seems there are a lot of Shermans around France that have the same name as one from 44/45, but arent the right model, etc.
Neil

Neil, I think that I can help you with that, if you are looking for some info
about French sherman tanks.
Claude, le bouquin a vraiment l'air très intéressant, je pense que je vais me le procurer.
[Claude, the book looks very interesting, I think I'll try to obtain it.]

P-O

#4: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:09 pm
    ----
Nothing specific, I was just curious if it had that sort of listing...

Neil

#5: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:30 pm
    ----
You could have a look on this website, but it is in French, and it was not updated since 2002 Neutral :

Shermans in France

There are some info and photos about tanks exposed as monuments, if they are or not originals...

P-O

#6: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:22 am
    ----
Actually, I have seen that website, thanks!

Neil

#7: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Claude, looks interesting. Does this book including a listing of all the "named" Shermans? It seems there are a lot of Shermans around France that have the same name as one from 44/45, but arent the right model, etc.

Neil

Hi!
The French got 755 Shermans and there is not yet a full listing of the names painted on them.
The obvious reference is the magnificent Antoine Misner's site
www.chars-francais.net/sommaire.htmAntoine's site
and especially
Sherman listing
plus additionnal info to be found in the "units 1943-1945" pages.

If you can find the old work by Alain Eymard about the 2e DB (Heimdal 1990), you will find such a list with many photos for that division blindée Smile but nothing yet published in the same vein for the 2 others. Sad
Regards.

#8: Re: French Shermans of the Liberation-new book Author: claude_GILLONO PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:22 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
- Neil_Baumgardner
It seems there are a lot of Shermans around France that have the same name as one from 44/45, but arent the right model, etc.
Neil

Neil, I think that I can help you with that, if you are looking for some info
about French sherman tanks.
Claude, le bouquin a vraiment l'air très intéressant, je pense que je vais me le procurer.
[Claude, the book looks very interesting, I think I'll try to obtain it.]

P-O

Thanks - merci !

-> AFV News Discussion Board