Offline Campaign question
-> CFS3

#1: Offline Campaign question Author: Red_BaronessLocation: OKL buliding, third floor, 7th door on the left, next to Oberst Oesau PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:49 pm
    ----
Hi Boys and Goils!

Luft is having problems with the offline campaign that came with CFS3 - he has the [EDIT: We call it a "thingy" - Stoop] hooked up to it - when he is doing his bombing run in the Ju88, when he switches from cockpit view to another position in the plane, it CTDs. Is that a known problem, or is there a fix for it?

Vielen Danke for any help.

Also - is the CFS3 server down? Luft can't get in to the server to do some killin - and that's makin him edgy - and I'm running out of tranquilizers.

He'd love to fly with you guys as wingman when you're on the CFS3 server - but y'all just disappear on him. Hee hee hee

#2: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:08 pm
    ----
Don't know anything about Campaign issues only becuase I don't do offline much. Obvious thing to check would be if it happens in free flight. As for the no-thingy thingy, we don't speakum no habla 'bout that thing which shall not be named, 'round here, as it's not kosher n'stuff. Obvious thing to do there would be to revert to the o-fishul thingy and see.

About the server, dangit I just updtaed vid drivers so have to re-do my config before I can launch CFS3, but the thing is, there apparently was a large power outage in Seattle/Redmond area this weekend that cuased issues with FSX online fliers as well.....very well could be down.

#3: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm
    ----
Usually CTD's in CFS3 are due to some hardware issues such as the Sound or Video Card. A suggestion would be to update to the newest drivers and 'try 'er again"...:wink:

#4: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: Red_BaronessLocation: OKL buliding, third floor, 7th door on the left, next to Oberst Oesau PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:41 pm
    ----
Thanks guys - yeah totally forgot about the :thingie: issue.

We just got a new big fat vid card (and for way cheaper than the first one we got... grrrrrrrrrrr.) I'll check the updated drivers.

Of course, we have CFS3, FS9 and Sims Unleashed all in this old compy - which is about 40 gigs of HD, a pentium 4 processor and 512 RAM. I think it's time to update. I think the card's a Ti5200 now, the Gainward one.

Don't tell Luft, but I've been thinking about buying a new one if my tax return this year is a large one. Since mom works for H&R, I think I can get some nice $$ back - going for Gateway, since I used the keyboard for a BAT once, spilled ma drink on it and it still works. I spilled mah drink on my big Microshaft ergonomic keyboard and killed it. *sad* I hate the straight keyboards. *whines*

You guys ever heard of the Avi8tor stick? It kicks - it's new, and has a lot of features.
www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/av8r.htm

I like the split throttle feature the best.

#5: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 am
    ----
Brand names s**k, build your own. Gateway??? what's a gateway?

My system: Tandy 2000 oc'd to 25.5MHz, onboard video, 128M Hd, 28.8kbs modem and the new 3 1/4" floppy

#6: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:41 pm
    ----
I run a Saitek stick too Red and this model must be a brand new one??

#7: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:19 pm
    ----
Think THIS is the Saitek of choice (coming soon to a desktop near you!).

Personally, I still prefer my beat-up ole M$ FFB2 to anything else.

#8: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:51 pm
    ----
I haven't tried a joystick with CFS3 (or other sims for that matter) yet. Is it better that way or what? I keep hearing people talk about "calibrating" all the time and it sounds like a PITA.

#9: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:24 pm
    ----
When my FFB2 broke, I tried it with my VCR for a few weeks.
It's not as comfortable to be honest.

#10: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:35 pm
    ----
That's an interesting point. So, If those joysticky-things can be made to work with a VCR, couldn't maybe one of those Universal Remotes be made to work with a flight/combat sim?

There's enough buttons and stuff so it should work, and even up-down and lefty-righty arrows that should correspond to making the airplane go in those directions. If it could be made to work, we could dogfight while sitting on the couch with one hand tucked inside the beltline. That'd be a darn sight more convenient than fumbling with a bunch of wires while looking at the oscilloscope display!

#11: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: Red_BaronessLocation: OKL buliding, third floor, 7th door on the left, next to Oberst Oesau PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:53 am
    ----
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:19 am Post subject: Re: Offline Campaign question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think THIS is the Saitek of choice (coming soon to a desktop near you!).

Personally, I still prefer my beat-up ole M$ FFB2 to anything else.

MMMM. *drools* HOTAS... HOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEETTTTTAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

sorry, where were we again?

Luft and I eat joysticks like candy around here - we went through several Logitech rumblepads before settling on this one - and it was MY honor this time to break the dual-throttle control springy thingy - it was cold, I was wearing my leather gloves and POINGGGGG! off it went shooting into the living room when I disengaged it to fly the Do335A with separate engine controls (makes it easier to loop, inverted. Twisted Evil )

So, I broked it THIS time. Thank god I payed extra fric for the warranty. I can just go in and go "the springy thingy jammed" (I put it back together and it don't work no more. Sad )

No, no no, Stoop - one hand on an ice cold barley pop, and th'other on the joystick/remote/whatever.

I've a heared some folks still fly via that old-fangled keyboard und mouse thing. Wow. I've a nevah seen it, foe shoe.

#12: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: sweets PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:18 pm
    ----
Saitek is also the one I use, and Red Im kinda bad with them joysticks too break alot of Nails . lol just got a that new 1 Shady, my POP got it for me. And it works like a charm. After you get hang of it Smile so hang in there Red you'll figure it out I know you will!

#13: Re: Offline Campaign question Author: LuftwaffeOberstLocation: On your six PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:39 am
    ----
Yes, It's a Saitek AV8R-01 to be exact. I got Red into getting a Gateway the last time. Why? Well, before I got off of drugs, (Seperate Issue) I used to have a very bad temper. And at times I've became crazy at my games, and used to use the keyboard as a hammer.

Like a Timex Watch, " It takes a Licken and keeps on Ticken." I owned two computers before I met Red, and both were Gateways. Practicly, Red and me built it up the first day we brought it home.

All we have left to do is get a good Sound Card, and replace the Mother Board Fan. It's getting old and the computer is on just about every day... and it's starting to make a slight noise.

I do take it apart and keep it clean the best I can... however with 3 cats and living room traffic, The Dust Squirrels like to build there nest in it.

I never did see another brand take the kind of abuse Red and me have done in the past, and not be in a million parts on the floor.

Also, I always do see my files where I had left them the next day. A old friend of mine had a "Dell from Hell" with the Windows Mill on it, and his computer liked to dump files from time to time. I don't know if it was the program or the computer, so I stay away from both.

As long as we are happy with what ever all of us own, is all that matters in my honest humble opinion. Wink Sure, we paid more for the brand, but it was well worth it over all. I don't speak for Red, but I think she would agree with me on this issue.

-> CFS3