Joystick problems
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Hardware

#1: Joystick problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:03 pm
    ----
I play IL2, with a Saitek X52. And for some reason, hte rudder keeps turning to the right, slurring takeoffs/landings and ripping off the gear. I've already replugged it in. HELP!

#2: Re: Joystick problems Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:20 pm
    ----
I believe Bushwacker has the same stick and had the same problem. He can prolly help you if you send him a email or PM

#3: Re: Joystick problems Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am
    ----
BattleHawk.
I have the X52 and this happened to me also. I was told that the POV Hat 3 on the side of the throttle has an adjustable ring around it. Moving this ring moves the rudder. Check this out and adjust it until the rudder is centered and all will be ok. Good luck. If this is not clear, let me know and I will try to explain it better.

#4: Re: Joystick problems Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:37 pm
    ----
Good advice lazy. Check the default settings BH and see if one of the rotary switches are at fault.

In my case, restarting the game did the trick..:)

#5: Re: Joystick problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:41 pm
    ----
More Instructis needed

#6: Re: Joystick problems Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:22 pm
    ----
I sent you an email with photos showing the button I am talking about and the ring around it. See if this helps.

Good Luck!

#7: Re: Joystick problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
I have that set to my elevator trim, o I'll just reset and try again. Thanks for your help

#8: Re: Joystick problems Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    ----
It is not elevator trim but rudder control. Check a rearview of the plane and watch what happens to the rudder when you turn that wheel. Then just try to line it up straight to taxi straight. Your rudder control will still work when you twist the joystick.

#9: Re: Joystick problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:01 pm
    ----
Didnt work

#10: Re: Joystick problems Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:22 pm
    ----
BH, check the settings in the game and see what buttons are assigned to a function.

#11: Re: Joystick problems Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:21 am
    ----
-S-

I have a Saitek stick and throttle, I use them as a door jam..the throttle is the best I have seen, the stick is a piece of crap, the dick heads at Saitek think pilots fly there airplanes with throttles..went back to my old stick and getting better results...

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#12: Re: Joystick problems Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:21 pm
    ----
Just a suggestion.... In the HOTAS controls, assign the rudder trim to the y-axis rotation. This then allows the rudder to be positioned using the outer ring outside the "e" button. You then should be able to see if the rudder is responding to a fixed position with the twist on the throttle is at rest.

I use this as a function to avoid having to use the twist to offset torque during takeoff.

edit: I also lock the tail wheel for take off.

In addition there is a calibration tool that Saitek supplied to one of the squad for the same problem. Unfortunately is did not work for him, but I have a copy of the Saitek Calibration software for the X52 if anyone would like it.

#13: Re: Joystick problems Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:29 pm
    ----
- RM_bizkid
Saitek Calibration software for the X52 if anyone would like it.

Yes please Bizkid, it could help me sort my throttle.

#14: Re: Joystick problems Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:44 pm
    ----
No problem Kit. I have uploaded it to Utilities downloads. It is awaiting admin approval.

Rar file contains file Saitek_Recalibration.reg and instructions for use from Saitek Support. Let me know if you have a problem getting it and I can e-mail. I anticipated there may be others interested in it also, so I thought the upload would be best.

Hope it is useful.

#15: Re: Joystick problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:07 pm
    ----
Trim didnt work

-> Hardware