Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#31: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:57 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Speechless here! Gorgeous bikes and beautiful work!!!

Interesting front fender swap on your Sportster.

HeHe....went back to the strutted full fender (like on my FX and late '60's Sportsters from the small "cafe" style. More "traditional", ya' know....

I have the small cafe front fender...painted the same gold color, new, and in a box with all the original engine parts.... Wink

What...?...no comment on the completely un-necessary but über-cool retro rubber fork boots? Found two sets in original boxes in a bike shop in Vista...with about an 1/8th inch of dust on them...of course, I bought them immediately! Since I had the forks apart to put the Works Performance springs in, I added the boots for "atmosphere". Laughing

#32: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-LurpsLocation: In back of the sty .... sighting in my Luger .... PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:25 am
    ----

Was chattin with Megahurt today ...told me about his website ..
if you're a biker ...you'll think this is one kick-ass website !

Check it out ..... www.realdealnews.com

#33: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:41 am
    ----
Thanks Lurps, think I just found my new favorite website.........and it's not because of the bikes!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

#34: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:05 pm
    ----
Heres some of my bike pictures. I was a lot younger and crazier LOL!!
Of all the bikes i had that little hopped up 650 custom honda was the funest

#35: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:14 am
    ----
LOL Ed, I remember those times...lol

Don't let anyone tell you they've seen a better wheelie rider than Ed. I've seen him ride the back wheel of a bike longer than anyone, even to the point of turning corners and going around curves at the same time...:wink:

Crash says he was crazy in his younger days? Believe it!...lol

#36: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:37 pm
    ----
Cool pitures of your bikes Ascout! I seen a show on history chanel about custerd and his last stand and one of the guys rode a Ducati and the other a low rider. But the guy on the Ducati got a nice little wheely going while he was smoking that harly Mr. Green

#37: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:57 pm
    ----
- CrashEd
Cool pitures of your bikes Ascout! I seen a show on history chanel about custerd and his last stand and one of the guys rode a Ducati and the other a low rider. But the guy on the Ducati got a nice little wheely going while he was smoking that harly Mr. Green

The Duc is a fun beast. Very narrow...easily tops 80 in second with two aboard...and quick about it, too! Also picks the front wheel up in any of the first three gears with two aboard without fanning the clutch any. It's so light and torquey, you do have to use discretion......and with the rear brake, too......basically, unless slowing gradually, you don't dare use it or it wants to swap ends (probably what happened to the subsequent owner....overcook a corner and touch the rear brake and you're toast).
The front brakes were PLENTY adequate!

My Sportster hotrod you DO have to fan the clutch to get a good launch...if you just "sidestep" the clutch at revs, it would flip over and pound you into the ground like a stake. At the strip, I did controlled short wheelies of maybe 6-8 inches so as to not bugger my E.T.

#38: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:54 pm
    ----
Sounds fun! I havent done a quarter mile wheely in a long time LOL!! Im sure if i had a bike that would do it id be trying. And it probly best i don't. I think it would take longer for me to heal up than what it did when i was younger and even worse with my back trashed like it is.:mrgreen:

#39: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: Guest PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:08 pm
    ----
- CrashEd
Sounds fun! I havent done a quarter mile wheely in a long time LOL!! Im sure if i had a bike that would do it id be trying. And it probly best i don't. I think it would take longer for me to heal up than what it did when i was younger and even worse with my back trashed like it is.:mrgreen:

Whoa now!....I'm not saying it will hold a wheelie down the 1/4....(that ain't no way to E.T., neither!) but off the line for maybe 30' or so (all the while leaning on the tank to keep the front down). The Sporty aint' no superbike...just quick for what it is....

#40: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:09 pm
    ----
Ooops...that was me..if you didn't guess....

#41: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:11 am
    ----
I use to have a Honda 750 four Super Sport but this is my toy now :

And for Com Central uses i'm gonna get another one and paint it lol

#42: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 am
    ----
Oooohhh...nice truck!.....'course, if you wanna get more serious about doing off-road in a Chevy, you needs ya' one o' these:
("Technicals"...for COB...'civilians on the battlefield'...combat training at the Nat'l Training Center, Ft. Irwin, CA....usually manned by infantry aspiring to Rangerhood in the "bad guy" role when acting as the "opposing force")
All "MILES'ed" up (multiple integrated laser engagement system) to reflect "hits" when they are successfully targeted by "BluFor".

In the Mojave desert, these see somewhat rougher duty than your average K5... Wink

#43: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:06 am
    ----
While I'm scanning vehicles past and present....here's my CJ-7 (of sainted memory) which holds the distinction of the vehicle I kept the longest (5 years)...it saw most of the Western U.S. at one time or 'nuther...

and here's a peak at the left side of my Sporty hotrod. The only real giveaway about what's going on inside is those black wrinkle jugs and unpainted cylinder heads...something you wont see on a stock bike Wink

#44: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 6:02 pm
    ----
Nice CJ Ascout, I always wanted one of those.

An 84 Cherokee Chief was as close as I got.

#45: Re: Not a P-51D, but still a fine Mustang... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:01 pm
    ----
- fr8ycat
Nice CJ Ascout, I always wanted one of those.

An 84 Cherokee Chief was as close as I got.

Thanks...but now that they're available with ROUND headlights (like God intended) get yourself a Wrangler....you get the '83-2003 Cherokee engine with 190 HP instead of the "lazy" 4.2 Ford-inspired six that was virtually all used up at 3,500 RPM.....mucho torque, but teensy little rev range in the old engine.
I'd like to have a Wrangler myself just for a goof on the side....

-> Officer's Club