~S~
-> Officer's Club

#1: ~S~ Author: Shadow_HitmanLocation: Palestine Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 am
    ----
Hey Hey , been awhile.... YIKES HES STILL ALIVE ! ! ! hehe

Anyhow hows everything going guys ? good i hope just wanted to jump in here and say WOW !!! everything looks fantastic and I'm amazed at how far this thing has come, way to go.

on another note I have a question on setting up an FTP server so I can have friends upload and download files off my other PC that will be running all the time.

I've done some searching off the net but am unable to find anything that tells me for sure what to do, I have downloaded SmartFTP on my PC which by the way is running Windows ME.

But now what the heck do I do? I cant find anything that says how to set up your FTP server on SmartFTP, I think that all it does is links you to a server after you place the IP address in the search bar.

Am I going about this all wrong?

ok guys I'm out for now but will be checking in from time to time, again good to see things are going good and ~S~

#2: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:32 pm
    ----
Hiya Hit!!! PM me and I'll give you instructions on how to do that... Smile

#3: Re: ~S~ Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:01 pm
    ----
Actually Bush....I would like the instructions to turn a PC into an FTP also! (XP Pro and dynamic IP behind router) Sure would help sending files to the squad using full bandwidth capacity. If you could include me, it would be greatly appreciated.

#4: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_HitmanLocation: Palestine Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:40 pm
    ----
- RM_bizkid
Actually Bush....I would like the instructions to turn a PC into an FTP also! (XP Pro and dynamic IP behind router) Sure would help sending files to the squad using full bandwidth capacity. If you could include me, it would be greatly appreciated.

ok i got it, i found this sweet small proggy called Home FTP server, it does exactly what I wanted it to do, act as a server , I am currently running it on my PC with windows ME and have a client FTP running on my everyday use PC called Smart FTP.

Configured the server FTP to where I have to allow the user with password to upload and download files.

I'll find the link and post it under this post in a minute

#5: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_HitmanLocation: Palestine Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:45 pm
    ----
www.snapfiles.com/get/homeftp.html

Heres the link hope you find it helpful

#6: Re: ~S~ Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:17 pm
    ----
oi HitMan....long time no see dude, hope all is well with you.

P.S. I am still the Original and better looking HitMan Mr. Green

#7: Re: ~S~ Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 pm
    ----
Whew! Thanks HM for coming on and straightening out the confusion (?) LOL, didnt recognize you in the '.gif". lol

#8: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_HitmanLocation: Palestine Texas PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:09 am
    ----
ROFL thats funny , you only wish Babycakes ! ! !

I'm told that I look like George Cloony, well that I have feet that look like his

On another note, about the FTP server , it seems that I have to find out what my IP addy is to open it to the outside world, and when I did the ipconfig on DOS it just gave me the Network IP addy at home.

Oh well the quest continues.

#9: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:12 am
    ----
Glad you got it! Keep in mind if you run an FTP server, make sure all your security protocols are in place. CC gets hit up to 10,000 times a day with 'searches/hacks' looking for a way in... Wink

#10: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:20 pm
    ----
HITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTman.....
How are u buddy? Long time no see. Hope everything is gett'n better for u. If possible u need to get in here and play some games with us like FS9 on Sundays or Joint Operations which is really cool. At least jump in on Team Speak on Sundays from 2 pm to 4pm eastern and hello!! You can link to TS on left side of board<----! Gonna check ur FTP if u get it up and running.

#11: Re: ~S~ Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:17 pm
    ----
Hit, to check your outside ip, use This Link!

-> Officer's Club