P-80 problems
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: P-80 problems Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:35 pm
    ----
For some reason when I fly the P-80 in IL2 my engine shuts down constantly. Any Ideas how to fix this? My throttle tends to jump around a little bit even when Im not touching it if that has something to do with it....

#2: Re: P-80 problems Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:54 pm
    ----
Hey Warhawk...what you using for a throttle? and is this in a game with engine management on?

#3: Re: P-80 problems Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:16 pm
    ----
yes, engine management is always on....For a joystick, I have a Logitech Wingman Extreme.... heres a pic. of it...

hope that helps... maybe if I turn down the sensitivety of the throttle that will do something? Or set a small dead zone?

#4: Re: P-80 problems Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:30 pm
    ----
Well, if the throttle jumps around, as an old joystick like that is prone to, it is possible the engine is thinking the throttle movements are too great, as you know if you cut the power too fast the engine shuts off all together, it sounds as if it is doing that, just without any imput from you..

#5: Re: P-80 problems Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:07 pm
    ----
hmm, its barely even a year old.....its just too sensitive or somethin....

#6: Re: P-80 problems Author: 401RCAF_SteveoLocation: Albuquerque PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:34 pm
    ----
It seems odd that it would be the throttle on a relatively new stick. However, to check it out reconfigure your throttle settings to say...your keypad or the plus & minus sign. If it works fine then, atleast you know where the problem is.

#7: Re: P-80 problems Author: {92}WarhawkLocation: In the clouds PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:00 am
    ----
OK, I unplugged the joystick and flew around with the keyboard for 10 minutes with no problems at all. The engine didn't shut down and it ran properly the whole time....... Sometimes on my joystick, my throttle just jumps around really fast when Im not even touching the stick and that is what causes my engine to shut down.

#8: Re: P-80 problems Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:28 pm
    ----
thats wierd cause i have almost the same joystick and i have no problems... my joystick must love me Mr. Green

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters