German armour in action again...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: German armour in action again... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:15 am
    ----
- rynoki
I can remember reading somewhere that the french took a panther to indochina in the 1950's for trials, don't know if it saw action though.

A long while back on the previous board someone posted a picture that purported to be a panther sent to IndoChina. When you looked closely at it it became apparent it was an M36.

You might think it would be hard to mistake an M36 for a Panther but the picture was taken in tall grass that hid the suspension. Other than that the slope of the front hull and the rounded mantlet combined with the poor quality of the photo made it easy for someone who wanted to see a panther see a panther.

#17: Re: German armour in action again... Author: Paul_Jungnitsch PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:57 am
    ----
Probably this picture here:

IIRC exactly the same glacis slope as a Panther, and a very similiar mantlet.

#18: Re: German armour in action again... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:41 am
    ----
- Paul_Jungnitsch

What a wonderful picture for the easily misled!

#19: Re: German armour in action again... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:26 am
    ----
- Paul_Jungnitsch

That's the one!!

#20: Re: German armour in action again... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:54 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

I think it would be very easy to mistake those post war M36s for a Panther. After all, most people learn about the Panther long before they find out there was something call the M36.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#21: Re: German armour in action again... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:05 pm
    ----
thanks for the video post don...

i noticed that the driver of the car even had his turn signal on...

sr

-> AFV News Discussion Board