Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:35 pm
    ----
I have a few pics from some books- Standard Catalog of Mil Vehs, etc, but I am looking for some good pics of them in action in either Korea or Germany. We have finished restoring ours for the most part, and it is getting to be time to paint the unit numbers on. I am looking for other examples so I can choose a good one to represent.

Anyone? Anyone??

Thanks for any help!!

Dave Chaney

#2: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:39 am
    ----
Here is something off the Net.

M75 walk around

HTH
Don

#3: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:14 am
    ----
You may know there is an Yahoo Group for M75 owners:
groups.yahoo.com/group/m75apc/

Here's a pic of the Ordnance Museum's T18.

Neil

#4: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:27 am
    ----
Here is some information and pictures that I could find;
The M75 armored infantry vehicle was based on the chassis of the cargo tractor T43E1, which used the same suspension as the 76mm gun tank M41. M75 resembled a box on tracks, as many armored personnel carriers do, and its exhaust pipe emerged from the front of the vehicle's roof and vented the engine exhaust to the right. The brush guard for the right headlight cluster was extended to protect the tailpipe as well later in the production run. Early M75s had thinner roof armor at .375" (.953cm) and thicker floor armor at 1.25" (3.18cm), and the first two and last two road wheels on each track were dampened with shock absorbers on early vehicles. The driver and commander each had a vision cupola, and the driver's could be equipped with an infrared periscope in late vehicles. Two large hinged rear roof doors opened towards the center of the vehicle over the passenger compartment, and infantry access was provided by two large doors in the rear of the hull.

#5: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:29 am
    ----
Looks like Bradley track?

'Hellonwheels are you in to V100's? There are two of them here where I work in Kalifornia.

#6: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:50 am
    ----
Thanks for all those pics. I have actually seen those before, but hoping I might find some showing decent unit markings, or pics of them in service.

And yes, I also have a V100, that is the next project on the list.

Smile

Dave

#7: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:52 am
    ----
Oh yeah, the track is the same as used on the M41 Walker Bulldog. Same suspension, etc. Engine is the same, except naturally aspirated, not the supercharged type. Too bad they phased them out so early. Much better than the M59 in my opinion. Yes, a bit tall and not amphibious, but come on- how many times has the army really used the amphibious capability?? I was on tracks for 8 years and we only saw it demonstrated once.
Smile

#8: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:14 pm
    ----
I'd call it a big "huge" IMO... The M59 may not have been a big step forward, but it was a transition to the M113 - which entered service just 8 years after the M75.

Neil

#9: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:32 pm
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
Here is some information and pictures that I could find;
Good info. Wink

#10: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:08 am
    ----
This M75 sits at the Ft Hood, 4th ID museum. Sorry it took so long for me to find this, I hope it and its information board help. If you need more pictures just let me know and I'll do a walk around for you.

#11: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: Jack_SmighLocation: Whidbey Island, Washington PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:41 pm
    ----
Hey Dave,

Is your M75 one of the ones that used to sit up in that junkyard up in Woodland WA?

#12: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:39 am
    ----
It is, it is...
man...
5 years of toil but finally the end is in sight. It looks like the day it was made (maybe even better), but just waiting on a minor electrical bug. Once we have solved that, I think we shall see it moving under it's own power once again!!!
Then starts the V100, and then the M114, and on and on.

I am a sucker for punishment.

Rolling Eyes

#13: Re: Looking for pictures of M75 (also known as T18E1) APCs Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:18 am
    ----
- HellonwheelsV100
It is, it is...
man...
but just waiting on a minor electrical bug. Once we have solved that,

I remember an F-15 that was a hanger queen for months with a 'minor electrical bug' Rolling Eyes

I hope yours is more minor (or would that be minorer)

-> AFV News Discussion Board