Patton Museum No 2 of 3
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Patton Museum No 2 of 3 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:40 pm
    ----

#2: Re: Patton Museum No 2 of 3 Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:51 am
    ----
I noticed the German tank with the fender bent back, are many of the displayed vehicles shown "as found", I rather like that as opposed to the pretty and painted look.

#3: Re: Patton Museum No 2 of 3 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:10 am
    ----
Jeff that is the only "as found" vehicle, when i first went to Knox lots of things had orignal paint on them.

#4: Re: Patton Museum No 2 of 3 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:10 am
    ----
- SFC_Jeff_Button
I noticed the German tank with the fender bent back, are many of the displayed vehicles shown "as found", I rather like that as opposed to the pretty and painted look.

Very few of the vehicles survived the 1970's when a supposed mandated paint over occured. Especially that horrid fake Africa Korps paint scheme that 'someone' just made up.

Thankfully we have been able to get the vehicles into a more authentic (& realistic) paint scheme.

The StuG 3 came out of the bogs, just like it is displayed. It was full of ammo and a round in the chamber, when it was first recovered.

Don

#5: Re: Patton Museum No 2 of 3 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:04 am
    ----
- Dontos

Very few of the vehicles survived the 1970's when a supposed mandated paint over occured. Especially that horrid fake Africa Korps paint scheme that 'someone' just made up.

Thankfully we have been able to get the vehicles into a more authentic (& realistic) paint scheme.

Don

This is theStuH 42 Before cosmetic resto, immediately after being retrieved from Storage.

Obviously after completion....on display

-> AFV News Discussion Board