Serial Number Guide...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:47 pm
    ----
Leopard 2 constructionnumber on the right hull wall in the driver compartment. In the past it (Leopard 1 and Leopard 2A4) it was a metal plate with stanced lettering which was glued to the hull wall.

Since the A5 and A6 it is a written sticker, but on the same location.

22139 is built by Machine Werke Kiel and is the 139th tank for the Netherlands.

Last edited by L.Delsing on Sun May 27, 2007 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:51 pm
    ----
Leopard 2 c/n NL 12118
Some tanks, for example the German ones don't have the country suffix in front of the number.

12 = indicating it was built by Krauss Mafffei Wegmann
118 = the 118th tank built for the Netherlands

Last edited by L.Delsing on Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:54 pm
    ----
Location of constructionnumber of the Leopard 2. On the Leopard 1, PRTL (Gepard), Engineer Leopard 1, Recovery Leopard 1 the location is the same.

First two digits (12 or 22) indicating the factory were it is made. 12 = Krauss Maffei and 22 = Machine Werke Kiel

#19: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:07 pm
    ----
Here is a download that is intended be a supplement to and an aide for entries in Neil's excellent work I will pass on any info I receive from it to Neil,Joe D, and Bob, and anyone else who might be interested if they drop me a line at the email address on it's first page. In future editions I hope we can come up with some additional vehicles to list. So if you know where the serial can be found on a vehicle not listed please let me know Its a PDF so it should be usable to as many systems as possible
t's available in the download section of the DG at

www.com-central.net/in...amp;id=299

here is a photo of a sample page

Jefff Lewis

#20: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:04 pm
    ----
- bsmart
I just made it a sticky

Jim - The problem with making each vehicle type a seperate sticky is soon the stickys would overwhelm what can be displayed at one time on the screen and it would loose it's effectiveness.

I think we may need to go back and clean up the thread occasionally but unless I'm overruled by the moderator who makes the BIG BUCKS I think a single sticky is the way to go.

Neil - I'm not sure the M114 information. See my posting last night on the '4ID Museum other' thread. I found two different numbers on teh Frederick M114, I'll need to go back and look at it again and see if I can get inside and look at the data plate

A single "sticky" with Joe´s suggestion to include links to non-stickys with the relevant info is the way to go..,.it is a pain to hunt for this stuff, but it´s also a pain to have more than about six sticky threads because they become ineffective for new members regarding the important stuff like policy statements and things like that (we DO get new members ya´know...) stickys are not just for convenience. And you guys have bookmark capabilities for a reason. Best to add links to an existing thread...and Bob and I could do a better job of cleaning up some of these existing threads to weed out the old posts and just keeping the ones that include the ones that have added info. Time for some housekeeping, methinks. Better for the site...and for you guys who have to use it. It won't be editting for any other reason than readability. We don't routinely "prune" threads, but we could maybe clean up some of them a bit, to keep the "beef" and trim the "fat" once the content has been established.

#21: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:35 pm
    ----
Here's a new one for the thread,

Joe D

#22: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:04 pm
    ----
NL army Leopard 1V

#23: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:05 pm
    ----
The hull serialnumber (fahrgestellnummer) Leopard 1V

#24: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:07 pm
    ----
And what this for a number is..... maybe a NLD linenumber or so. It is not used on the registrationpapers of the vehicle.

#25: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:17 pm
    ----
M106 / M125 Mortar carier in the Cavalry Museum Amersfoort, NLD

#26: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:02 am
    ----
M24 Chaffee's have the serial number located on the front / left of the hull (as you look head on). On the two examples at Ft Hood, "Serial Number" is actually stamped in before the number. There is also a "T" number which is located on the side of the hull, just below the drivers hatch. The "T" number indicates the seqence in which the hull was built on the Cadillac assembly line. M24's built by Massey-Harris do not have numbers in these two locations.

#27: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:55 pm
    ----
Hi Neil,

looks like we have a subtraction to make. Bob Smart and I were in Riverton, NJ yesterday and there is no M60 and no VFW post at 16 Morgan ave. It is a private residence
here are the serial & registration #'s for the M60 at 212 American Legion Drive, in Riverside NJ 08075

serial # 4068A registration # 09A01870

Jeff Lewis

#28: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:46 am
    ----
Turret numbers or 'turret weld numbers' will have a 'U' added whenever the depleted uranium armor has been added.

#29: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:48 pm
    ----
Serial Number on a M7B2, found during restoration:

Serial number on a M74, rear towing lugs:

#30: Re: Serial Number Guide... Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:00 am
    ----
The serial on a M44 SP is located here;

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board