Some old pics - 2000 Platform Performance Demo at Knox
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some old pics - 2000 Platform Performance Demo at Knox Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:38 pm
    ----
From back in 2000 when they were doing the "dog & pony" show at Fort Knox for the program that would eventually become Stryker...

Here's the original LAV III MGS, I believe as it was originally developed for the Canadian Armoured Combat Vehicle (ACV) program:

(note the Turkish AIFV to the left)

More to come...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:58 pm
    ----
More of the motorpool area where the LAV III MGS was... Including the Turkish AIFV and the GDLS Dragoon.

I apologize I hadnt quite mastered photography back then (ie centering, etc) and it was a generic 35mm camera...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 pm
    ----
A couple more of the GDLS Dragoon...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:30 pm
    ----
I've been playing with the scanner - first time I have used it in months - increasing the dpi... More of the motorpool - lets turn this into a identification quiz, what are these?

And why do I expect to discover Dontos in one of these pics...

Neil

#5: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:45 pm
    ----
Hi Neil! Hi Folks!

- Neil_Baumgardner

- lets turn this into a identification quiz, what are these?

And why do I expect to discover Dontos in one of these pics...

Neil

Off the top of my head (as in not looking in my files) the vehicle on the far right is a six wheel version of the M113 with a Bradley turret fitted and the vehicle on the far left is a M93 FOX armored car.

As for Dontos, isn't the second guy from the right edge of the photo him?

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:22 pm
    ----
Not to distract from the identification trivia, but here's some more pics. This series is of the Turkish Armored Engineer Squad Vehicle going through the MOUT site and "negotiating" an obstacle...

Entering the MOUT site...

Now this is a good series... Here is an action photo (or possibly the immediate aftermath) of the AESV when the driver decided - after having seen other vehicles get stuck by going over over it gingerly - to take the 24-inch obstacle at full speed! He managed to break off the left side final drive...

And the aftermath...

Neil

#7: Re: Some old pics I just scanned - Platform Performance Demo Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:53 pm
    ----
Here's another GDLS (formerly AV Tech) Dragoon...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Some old pics - 2000 Platform Performance Demo at Knox Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:38 pm
    ----
To conclude this series - this is as close as I got to the M8 during my visit to the demo. Our media group was told the road was clear so we got in our van and started heading down the road to the MOUT site - when what do we see but the M8 AGS barrelling its way towards us. We pulled off the side of the road and I managed to get this shot.

Here's a cropped image

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board