Castle Archdale Project.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> FS2004

#31: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:53 pm
    ----
Leonard B. Tuck Smith
Oct. 29, 1915 - May 16, 2006

www.sanjuanislander.co...mith.shtml

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#32: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:12 pm
    ----
Thanks, now entered the URL to the readme. Smile

#33: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 am
    ----
Hi Adrian, managed to re-position the ship, N49* 33' W21 47' heading 240 degrees, made a completely new scenery file for it, works great. Pity I can't find Prinz Eugene to go with it but never mind. I altered the trees, but don't know if it's relevant coz weren't the first ( Mk1 ) cats sea bound? Don't think they could come ashore and maybe all the taxiways and shelters were bulit later? Dunno, just ignore me lol Smile
I've altered the readme too.
Hope you like it.
Regards
Dave

#34: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:06 pm
    ----
Hi Adrian, some more screenies of the Bismarck, with better textures, right location, heading etc. Tell me if you think the scale is right please.
Regards
Dave

#35: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:43 am
    ----
Hi Adrian, Version 3 with Swastika on Bismarck's Deck. I know it might not be historically correct but looks more authentic than plain colour scheme. :)Could you please also download the other required features so you get the FULL picture.
Thanks
Dave

#36: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:03 pm
    ----
Adrian, do the AI planes take off? I noticed last night they don't on mine??? They used to, strange. Sad

#37: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:15 pm
    ----
Hi Adrian, decided not to have AI cats, as it's dark anyway when you set off, and there are static cats on the lake. Makes the zip file a bit smaller too.
Dave

#38: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:42 am
    ----
Hi Dave, I have not tested the programme since the Bismarck has been amended, [ my computer that I run FS2004 on is out of action as the motherboard died and I have a new motherboard on order for it ] in the now older version [ once you gave me the lat/long position it had been sited at ] , that I tested the Bismarck showed up fine even from about 3,000 feet and at a slant angle and got more detailed as one got nearer to it, as one would it to and the Catalina and the Bismarck looked drawn to the same scale. The two AI Catalina's taxied out but they did not take off.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#39: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:54 am
    ----
Dave wrote
I altered the trees, but don't know if it's relevant coz weren't the first ( Mk1 ) cats sea bound? Don't think they could come ashore and maybe all the taxiways and shelters were bulit later? Dunno, just ignore me lol
I've altered the readme too.
Unquote

That's an intresting point about the Mk1 Catalina's being purely sea-planes rather than amphibians, that said most pure seaplanes have had a beaching facility in that they would be pulled up on a ramp and a temporary undercarriage fitted so they could be moved about on land, given the fact it was easier to do serviceing etc if a suitable land base could be made available.

upload.wikimedia.org/w...talina.JPG

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBY_Catalina

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#40: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:21 am
    ----
Hi Adrian, thanks for that, I realised the Cats had the same beaching method as the Sunderlands but can't be implimented in FS2004.
I haven't seen any static models with temporary gear during my searches so I guess the base will have to remain empty.
I have removed the AI Cats as they aren't really necessary and there are static models on the lake for asthetics.
Regards
Dave

#41: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:10 pm
    ----
I worked on the AI Cats a bit more and discovered that if you don't have any tower frequency set up they don't need to get clearance, they just take off, lovely sight!! Sorted, now uploaded again to flightsim.
Enjoy
Regards
Dave

#42: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: Adrian_Wainer PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:08 pm
    ----
I see "Spot the Bismarck" has made it on to Avsim's hot downloads page!

Well done Dave and everybody who helped in this project.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

#43: Re: Castle Archdale Project. Author: NelsonLocation: Good Old Blighty PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:48 pm
    ----
Thank you Adrian, for all your research and enthuesiasm, I wouldn't of had a clue otherwise, never heard of Fermanagh, never mind Castle Archdale, lol.
I got a nice compliment from someone with links to Ireland and they said quote "It was very well done, very informative and educational. Illustrated the help the Irish gave to the British during the war, allowing the Cats to operate from their waters."
I will have a go at the other one sometime, but busy at the mo, we're on the verge of moving house.
Regards
Dave

-> FS2004