ever wondered what saumur was really like??
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:16 am
    ----
now you can get a feel of it photos from my recent visit

Dennis

"click on photo"

Last edited by jtrowbridge5 on Tue May 22, 2007 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Saumur photo tour Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:40 pm
    ----
Thanks for providing such a comprehensive survey of Samur's impressive collection!

#3: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:08 am
    ----
I've always wondered how the museum was laid out. I've seen photos of individual vehicles, but never knew how they were postioned in relationship to each other. Thanks for doing that.

One thing that intrigued me was the camo schemes on the Comet and Centaur. I wasn't aware that the British used tan and green color schemes. It seems that there would be a risk of being confused with German armor.

#4: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:28 am
    ----
If everything is going well, I'll be there for the Carousel in July (they run some tanks and I hope that they will run the Panther N°211 and the Kingtiger again this year..)

P-O

#5: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:36 am
    ----
Hi Dennis! Hi Folks!

Super tour! Thank you very much Sir! Looks like a great collection.

It's nice to see they have a M114A2 'Lingle' on display! Mr. Green

Dennis, question about the model boxes inside what looked like display cases. Are those kits for sale or was that a display of AFV model kits?

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#6: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:20 pm
    ----
Roy
all the models were for sale they had a few unusual kits as well
Dennis

#7: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:58 pm
    ----
Here is a plan of Saumur, anyone wanting a better copy please email me at armyjunk @ yahoo.com it prints out nice and of course its out of date

#8: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:56 am
    ----
armyjunk,
why didn't I have this before last weeks visit??????
Dennis

PS could you please send me a copy

#9: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:13 am
    ----
Last time I was there I had forgotten my battery charger... I managed about 10 images before the camera battery went flat Crying or Very sad

Still I did manage to spend an hour doing a waterclour of the Tiger. Yeah I know - what sort of idiot forgets his charger but takes along his paints...

More prepared these days with three spare batteries....

Cool

#10: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:18 pm
    ----
Great shots Dennis...almost makes it worth it to have missed you on this trip. Wink I did notice, however on my rambling around the countryside (from Sheffield to the Welsh border near Bristol) that it seems you have a town named for you down south, such is your clout. I hope to capitalize on that....someday! Laughing

#11: Re: ever wondered what saumur was really like?? Author: jtrowbridge5 PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:35 pm
    ----
Doug.
the town is a bit like me, well worn and could do with a face lift
Dennis

-> AFV News Discussion Board