Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:55 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

Was over at the US Army web site checking for new photos of AFV and ran acrossed this photo. While I thought I knew what this vehicle was, the caption claims it is something a bit different.

The following link is to the smaller photo with the caption:
www.army.mil/-images/2...5/23/5188/

It's a M1A1 BRADLEY TANK????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: rynokiLocation: Australia PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:38 am
    ----
I wonder who runs their website?

ahh, the wonders of outsourcing. Laughing

#3: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:05 am
    ----
Remember, beyond tankers, mech infantrymen and mechanics, not too many soldiers have interaction with armored vehicles. I have an Army dentist that works for me and she couldn't tell the difference between a 113 and a tank.

#4: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 am
    ----
Hi Folks!

I don't know if the individual who took the photo wrote the caption, but if he did, that may account for the new M1A1 Bradley Tank.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#5: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:55 am
    ----
- Sabot
Remember, beyond tankers, mech infantrymen and mechanics, not too many soldiers have interaction with armored vehicles. I have an Army dentist that works for me and she couldn't tell the difference between a 113 and a tank.

That reminds of the time I drove through Camp Parks looking for a static M48 and the some guy in charge bitched me out for driving through a restricted area.

"What are you looking for?" he asked. I replied "the tank on display here".

"The what???????"

Then I described "a heavily armored vehicle with a large cannon..."

Then he looked toward the sky for a few seconds as if seeking guidance from the Almighty and replied "Ohhhh, I don't think we have anything like that here".

Laughing

#6: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:32 am
    ----
- Sabot

A trait she shares with a character who makes his presence felt relentlessly on Wikipedia, Youtube, Amazon and several websites of his own design apparently.

#7: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:01 am
    ----
ASCOUT, don't you dare open that can of worms! Twisted Evil Leave the G-man out of this! Rolling Eyes Laughing

#8: Re: Either the US Army or the USMC has a new tank Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:21 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
ASCOUT, don't you dare open that can of worms! Twisted Evil Leave the G-man out of this! Rolling Eyes Laughing

oh god my facial twitch has started up again....

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board