Ft Knox Memorial Day Show NEW pictures 5 JUNE 2007
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Ft Knox Memorial Day Show NEW pictures 5 JUNE 2007 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:50 pm
    ----
Hi Guys, Here is the Ft Knox Memorial Day Show, I am posting one picture of each vehicle I saw, If someone wants more pictures of any one vehicle let me know as I shot about 150 pictures. No titles as I think everyone knows what these are.The show was a lot of fun and I met some of our people......

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:21 pm
    ----
Great shots! Looks like a lot of fun!

#3: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:59 pm
    ----
TY and it was fun and will be again tomorrow, everything ran, the MkIII had a bit of trouble but it was a great day.......

#4: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:17 am
    ----
A few notes from AJ2's great photos.

'Cindy' is once again operational. This Grizzly is perhaps one of more utilized Shermans. Has been absent from Demonstrations for a number of years.

i104.photobucket.com/a...tknox2.jpg

The Pzkw MK III. Restored in the 80's (?) & parked in the Museum. Left in the Museum interior until 2004. Removed to the maint Motor Pool and the StuH 42 was placed in the vacant spot within the Museum.

This vehicle has never been operationally exhibited, in several decades, if at all since its arrival in the late 40's. (!!)

i104.photobucket.com/a...knox29.jpg

All in all, a great day!!

Don

#5: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:18 am
    ----
I looked for a blue Coast Guard shirt, but no luck. I hope you got less sun than I did. Wink

The Pz.Kpfw.III was a pleasant surprise, and a neat replacement for the Hetzer. Hope they get it working for tomorrow's show.

#6: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:24 am
    ----
- Chris_C
I looked for a blue Coast Guard shirt, but no luck. I hope you got less sun than I did. Wink

The Pz.Kpfw.III was a pleasant surprise, and a neat replacement for the Hetzer. Hope they get it working for tomorrow's show.

I looked for you Chris. Sorry we missed you.

AJ2, Garry Redmon, and I 'conferenced' for a little while between Battles. Then it was 'off to work'.

I'll be there till shutdown (around 3:00) then its the hectic clean up & putting everything 'to bed'.

Will you be there also???

Don

#7: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:30 am
    ----
Don, no, unfortunately today was the day for me. I did keep an eye out for you as well, but it apparently wasn't my day to see people. Sad I realize you and Garry were busy doing official stuff, though. During the demos today I kept thinking that six rounds of 106mm beehive would have cleaned up those AT guns pretty quickly. Wink

Any idea on what's up with the Pz.Kpfw.III? Seemed to have some trouble steering...

#8: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:11 am
    ----
Dang it for having to work! Nice pics though ... maybe next year.

At least the weather was nice!

Jeff

#9: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: binder001 PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:49 pm
    ----
DRAT - a weekend committed to work. I really wanted to come to this one! I haven't seen a good tank battle for a long time, and I haven't had the chance to get around some of the restored beasts for a while, either. I hope the museum will have a nice big battle next year. I knew I should have accepted the position in Kentucky just a few hours away from the Patton Museum. Oh well...

Gary

#10: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:10 pm
    ----
- Chris_C
During the demos today I kept thinking that six rounds of 106mm beehive would have cleaned up those AT guns pretty quickly. Wink

Always assuming they would have been stupid enough to let the Ontos get close enough to do that of course....

Being generous lets say the front armour of an Ontos is 25mm.. even a 3.7cm Pak will penetrate that at 500m... as for the Pak 40 well it will penetrate 63mm @ 2000m....

All in all probably one of those remarks that you would hope people will quickly forget. (been there - done that as well)

Cool

#11: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:27 pm
    ----
Jim, while the AT guns were busy shooting at Stuarts and half-tracks, three Shermans appeared on their flank. There's no reason an Ontos couldn't have been scripted along for the ride. Wink

#12: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:42 pm
    ----
aw, common chris, this coming from someone who has tac air... which is lovely by the way. sidenote: i am sure it has been discussed, and would be way over the top, but too bad you guys couldnt have some pyrotechnics for the flyboys sometime...

chris, any news/updates for the show this summer?

shawn

#13: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:51 pm
    ----
Any updates from the display today?

Shawn: Were you talking to me? :confused:

#14: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:36 am
    ----
S (size):
Approx 150 enemy personnel
A (activity):
Establishing 'Hasty Defense'
L (Location):
Map Sheet 3859 VI NW
U (uniform):
Ukn
T (time):
1255 hrs (local- EST)
E (equipment):
1 to 3 tanks reported ( exact type UKN )
3 towed AT Guns (2x PAK 40, 1x PAK 38)
2 'prime movers' (exact type UKN)
several small wheeled utility vehicles (exact number & type UKN)
several Motorcycle w/ side cars (exact number & type UKN)

UPDATE TO FOLLOW
Cool

#15: Re: Pictures of Ft Knox Memorial Day Show Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:44 am
    ----
- Chris_C
Jim, while the AT guns were busy shooting at Stuarts and half-tracks, three Shermans appeared on their flank. There's no reason an Ontos couldn't have been scripted along for the ride. Wink

ah but your up against a schwerepunkt (?) and the Jagdpanthers just took the Shermans out...

Cool

-> AFV News Discussion Board