OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:26 pm
    ----
I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures over at the WARBIRDS site and I think a lot of us like both armor and planes. 4 pages so far, click on "ArmyJunksAirplanePics"

ArmyjunksAirplanePics

#2: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:30 pm
    ----
AJ, I'm going to post a link to this thread in "Officer's Club" or otherwise a lot of interested folks might miss it... Wink

(also, I editted your linky name....)

#3: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Shadow_Banshee PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:45 pm
    ----
WOW some amaizing pictures there do you own the prints? stuff like this is selling on ebay etc as digital copys for around $10-20 i would if i were you either watermark or lower the resolution slightly to stop sneak thiefs lol, theres enough stuff there to do a whole book.

#4: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:16 pm
    ----
Fantastic bunch of Pics!! Thanks for the HU!! Wink

#5: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:40 pm
    ----
Thank you Doug, I guess my job is to share these, my friend Leo Polaski spent a lot of time scanning these, then he died. So everyone is welcome to them....I have the scans, 7000 of them Tiffs at 4.15 MB each. All of you are welcome to any one or two you really like......I will be happy to send, I will be posting many more as I get to it, Wildcats coming next

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:06 pm
    ----
Those are world class historical photos ArmyJunk2. I've been keeping up with it ever since you posted it here back in May.

Along with everyone's appreciation at the WARBIRDS site, thanks for the work you're doing, and.... When are ya gonna post the next batch?! Cool

Oh yea, been meaning to tell you...Terry McGovern's book arrived a couple of days ago. It's a prized possession! Thanks for that HU, too!

#7: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:13 pm
    ----
I did some today, F3F's, usually if the posts is back to the top it means I've posted some pics

#8: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:51 pm
    ----
They need to be on a permanent site, like the National Archives. A message forum is not what they deserve.

#9: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:08 pm
    ----
You might want to contact The Cradle of Aviation Museum on Long Island. It covers all the various era's over Long Island's long association with the history of flight.That would seem to be the natural choice and the pictures would be going "home" so to speak

Jeff Lewis

#10: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:30 pm
    ----
Hiya Piney the originals are at Grumman and the Cradle of Aviation. These are scans of the originals. I thought once I post as many as I can I will offer the disc to Wright-Pat.

#11: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:35 pm
    ----
For Grumman (mostly naval), I'd offer to Pensacola rather than Wright-Pat...

Neil

#12: Re: OT I have posted a lot of really great airplane pictures Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:59 pm
    ----
good point,

-> AFV News Discussion Board