M-113 Variant
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M-113 Variant Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:34 pm
    ----
This is a little different. Anyone know anything about it? More angle on the front slope, angles on the sides, IR headlamps gone.

#2: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:06 pm
    ----
HI Mark! Hi Folks!

That could be a version of the Daewoo Heavy Industries, S. Korea, APC which is somewhat based on the M113. If it is not that one(lights don't look right), it's something like that done buy another country.

What seams odd to me, is that looks like a US G.I. that is backing that vehicle up.

Very interesting!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:11 pm
    ----
Looks like a stylized Kuwaiti flag on the side, to me....

#4: Re: M-113 Variant Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:16 pm
    ----
It's a Gavin B. Wink

#5: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:21 pm
    ----
- Sabot
It's a Gavin B. Wink

The new "zero tolerance" policy.... Laughing

#6: Re: M-113 Variant Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:26 pm
    ----
Pakistani built Talha apc?

#7: Re: M-113 Variant Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 pm
    ----
Sorry I forgot to post the text. I believe it was an American delivering the vehicle to the Iraqi army. (US ARMY PHOTO)

#8: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:14 am
    ----
Indeed,

a Pakistani Talha-M113-derivative with an Iraqi flag- Doug needs to catch up on his identification classes, can't have him fire on friendlies... Shocked

Cheers,

Jens O.

#9: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 am
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Indeed,

a Pakistani Talha-M113-derivative with an Iraqi flag- Doug needs to catch up on his identification classes, can't have him fire on friendlies... Shocked

Cheers,

Jens O.

That's why they don't let me fire on anybody now...but hey, they're not that different. Laughing

Kuwaiti flag:

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:bBOdR5xfeYoXgM:http://www.33ff.com/flags/XL_flags/Kuwait_flag.gif[/img]

#10: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:00 am
    ----
Hi CIA Agents and other Folks!

Found this photo over at Army dot Mil, though it would be a nice update to this thread. Good view of the top of the Talha and
check out the other vehicles parked along the sides of the street.

Following is a link to the news story this picture is part of:

www.army.mil/-news/200...terrorist/

This link is to the small picture with the caption:

www.army.mil/-images/2...9/20/8152/

If you click on the small image, you get a larger image that can be super sized which makes it easier to check out the details of the vehicle tops.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#11: Re: M-113 Variant Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:40 am
    ----
I notice the rear, top cargo hatch opens like the US mortar carriers. To the outside instead of rearward. This is probably a bad idea if you wanted to put machine gun mounts on the rear sides.

#12: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:50 am
    ----
Hi Mark! Hi Folks!

- MarkHolloway

I notice the rear, top cargo hatch opens like the US mortar carriers. To the outside instead of rearward. This is probably a bad idea if you wanted to put machine gun mounts on the rear sides.

I noticed the hatchs also and was thinking it might be a mortar carrier until it dawned on me that it was a medic vehicle.
I think the layout of that vehicle is designed to be used as a "Battle Field Taxi" rather than an ACAV or IFV.

I found it an interesting layout. Wonder how it would have done as a Scout vehicle rather that the standard M113APC which was used for a while.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#13: Re: M-113 Variant Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:36 pm
    ----
M113 with M24 Chaffee turret from Taiwan

ftr.wot-news.com/2013/...reebranch/

#14: Re: M-113 Variant Author: Costas_TT PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:10 pm
    ----
Couple more of the same:

#15: Re: M-113 Variant Author: JWB2 PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:19 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
This is a little different. Anyone know anything about it? More angle on the front slope, angles on the sides, IR headlamps gone.

When I tried to go to that pic I got redirected to a site that accused me of being a hacker. Shocked

-> AFV News Discussion Board