Newbie questions
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Newbie questions Author: Wombat PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:28 pm
    ----
Hi,

I'll come right out and say these are probably dumb questions, but I just got IL2:1946 installed and I'm a little confused. And that's after reading everything I could find online!

First, which patch do I need for the Com Central server and is this patch compatable with what I just installed?

Second, what are the most common tweaks and settings used for multiplayer? I read about 100s of them, but I'm more concerned about thosed being used for flying at Com Central.

Thanks for any help. After that all I need is years of gunnery practice LOL

Wombat

#2: Re: Newbie questions Author: RM_Stoneman PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:26 pm
    ----
4.08 is the only patch you need and tweaks are up to you, Biz is up on most of that if you can catch him online. GL and hope to see you in the unfriendly skies. S!

#3: Re: Newbie questions Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm
    ----
Hi Wombat and we'll try to answer any questions you have... Smile

The CC Server is running v4.08. That's the latest patch out from UBI.

Asking for tweaks is like asking what the best beer...lol. Everyone has their own tastes, likes and dislikes about the settings. A general "rule of thumb" is most like Complex Engine Management and Settings that make a person 'drive' the airplane. Smile

#4: Re: Newbie questions Author: Wombat PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:30 pm
    ----
Thanks for the patch info. I'll go find it and install it asap.

I know that everyone has their favorite tweaks. What I was really asking was if there any hard and fast settings that everyone has to work with in order to fly multiplayer, like everyone must use complex engine management, or you have to set up your sim to show your name in multiplayer, alloying skin downloads and such. I for one love the view without the cockpit, but is that allowed for multiplayer? I know of one combat sim that wouldn't allow anyone to fly multiplayer unless every single option and setting was exactly the same as everyone else in the game, and they had a list that was hundreds of lines long in the settings menu. Just wondering how forgiving IL2 is when it comes to these things.

Thanks again for all the help.

#5: Re: Newbie questions Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:52 am
    ----
The server settings are up to the person setting up the server and like you, I have my personal preferences. Flying Open Cockpit should be IMO left to "ON" on the server and let those that like to fly closed or open to be their choice.

Allowing Skin Downloads really hits the server bandwidth hard if there's a lot of players. Most servers don't allow this. Personally, I like to see all the skins of others and especially if they're on fire from my guns..lol

Showing your name in MP will come up in MP and you can use any name you wish.

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters