Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:07 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Who they kiddin'? I bet that was recovered from Vietnam in '54, then hastily painted over with that Free French thingie (and to hide the pink) and weathered to keep the secret and all us guessin', those conniving cheese eaters. We oughta' task P-O to get to the bottom of this, tout de suite. Wink

Nawww,

it was never ever pink- that should be the one that was sitting on a square in Gay Paree for decades, ever since the war... But maybe one of the others or even the one shown in Beltring? Must've been the sneaky Viet Minh who blew up the running gear. Cool

#17: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:26 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner

Nawww,

it was never ever pink- that should be the one that was sitting on a square in Gay Paree for decades, ever since the war... But maybe one of the others or even the one shown in Beltring? Must've been the sneaky Viet Minh who blew up the running gear. Cool

Awww...you Fritz's won't ever let a 'Murican have any fun. Sad

#18: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:31 am
    ----
Just to get this back on track,

apparently one Panther was trialed in VN, but returned after a few weeks, confirmed by at least two sources, check the thread here on ML. We'll have to wait and see if Mr Touzin parts with more info in the next few days.

I'd love to see pics of the SdKfz 251 in country...

Cheers,

Jens O.

#19: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Another AMX-10P (probably a more recently used demonstrator)

Probably an AMX-10 VOA (Artillery Observation Vehicle), because of the big thing on the top of the hull :

#20: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:15 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Is this another VP 90?

This is a Hotchkiss HB-40, and the second one that we saw behind it (not on the photo) is another Fouga VP-90 :

#21: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:33 pm
    ----
Neil,

make that "BTR-50 behind VAB" an OT-62, since it has two bow cupolas, the BTR-50 only has one.

Cheers,

Jens O.

#22: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:46 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Neil,

make that "BTR-50 behind VAB" an OT-62, since it has two bow cupolas, the BTR-50 only has one.

Cheers,

Jens O.

The BTR-50 PU has also two bow cupolas.. and it seems to be more likely a BTR-50 PU for me..

P-O

#23: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
The BTR-50 PU has also two bow cupolas.. and it seems to be more likely a BTR-50 PU for me..

P-O

Could be, although I'm missing some antenna bases- hard to say without a roof shot. Anybody know where it came from?

#24: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:07 pm
    ----

Could this help??

P-O

#25: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
- the_shadock

Could this help??

P-O

BTR-50 at the Romanian Museum. Any help here?

#26: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: GaryKato PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:27 pm
    ----
I'd say it isn't an OT-62 since there is no side hatch for the personnel compartment. The boxes on the rear are something I have seen in a BTR50PU picture. There also seem to be multiple antenna mounts which would indicate a command vehicle.

#27: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:32 pm
    ----
Any help in this view?

#28: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:11 pm
    ----
Yep,

judging by the raised roof it's a BTR-50PU at Saumur as well as Bucharest, thanks for the rear view, Senor Kibbey, I always wanted a photo of those boxes.

Not all OT-62 had side hatches, those were an addition sometime in the production run, IIRC- need to check with my Czech contacts.

#29: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:25 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
Yep,

judging by the raised roof it's a BTR-50PU at Saumur as well as Bucharest, thanks for the rear view, Senor Kibbey, I always wanted a photo of those boxes.

Not all OT-62 had side hatches, those were an addition sometime in the production run, IIRC- need to check with my Czech contacts.

I have that in oodles higher res if needed. I was woefully naive about this class of vehicle before Bucharest, but developed a crush on it at first sight, for the period it represents. It, or the quasi-naval version with the turret is the WP track thingy I'd most like to have a cherry example of in my garage.

#30: Re: Pictures from Saumur - outside storage areas / ID Help! Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:10 pm
    ----
And while we're PU'ing, another handyman special that would make a nice mobile home for the Kibbeys: BTR-50PU on Military Recognition. Mr. Green

-> AFV News Discussion Board