Guntrucks in Iraq
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:33 pm
    ----
Hi all

don't really know much more about this than the title '"Gun Trucks der US Army im Irak-Tankograd 3002" and that it has 60 + pages here is a picture of the cover

But thought some of the group might be interested.

Jeff Lewis

#2: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:55 pm
    ----
That gunshield on the top truck looks vaguely familiar....

#3: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:12 pm
    ----
My favourite Iraq gun truck was a derelict M113 bolted to the frame of a 2-axle tractor truck. It was reported to have been built in Kuwait from prepositioned stocks. Saw the story once, and never again.

#4: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:16 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
My favourite Iraq gun truck was a derelict M113 bolted to the frame of a 2-axle tractor truck. It was reported to have been built in Kuwait from prepositioned stocks. Saw the story once, and never again.

I save pics of that, somewhere. Wink

#5: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:34 am
    ----
Highly recommended, I have it in my library, there is also a new one out dedicated exclusively to Armoured HEMTTs.

The M113/M8something combo was the so-called "Alabama Slammer", which got nixed by the brass, IIRC- they never completed it AFAIK, I've got the photos as well, and it was a 6x6, not a 4x4.

Jens O.

#6: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:44 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- Maple_Leaf_Eh

I save pics of that, somewhere. Wink

www.jedsite.info/trans...818gt.html

Cool

#7: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:55 pm
    ----
Gotta admit, that is one cool looking Gun Truck! (Just ignore the gaping hole in the glacis plate where the truck firewall fits.)

#8: Re: Guntrucks in Iraq Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:20 pm
    ----
rapidshare.com/files/4....part1.rar

rapidshare.com/files/4....part2.rar

May persuade you to buy a printed copy....

-> AFV News Discussion Board