Oregon National Guard, Clackamas, lots of stuff 09 Aug 07...
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Oregon National Guard, Clackamas, lots of stuff 09 Aug 07... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:08 pm
    ----
Oregon National Guard, Clackamas

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:40 pm
    ----
They oughta' get 'em some skirts or take those front mounty thingy's off. Wink

Looks like they're having some fun.

#3: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:47 pm
    ----
Those are steps Razz

#4: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Those are steps Razz

Loss of words or misidentification of common, everyday items is not uncommon for the elderly, don't rub it in- excuse me while I head for my bunker... Laughing

#5: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:56 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Those are steps Razz

Don't mind that furriner.... Wink

An experienced 113 crewman would know the steps are up the tow hook mounts-the front slope via the grenade launchers then headlight mounts as handles. Razz

#6: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:02 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- MarkHolloway
Those are steps Razz

An experienced 113 crewman would know the steps are up the tow hook mounts-the front slope via the grenade launchers then headlight mounts as handles. Razz

That's Mr Ferriner to you... Wink

And I always thought that ramp in the back was so convenient for entering the vehicle- you died-in-the-wool armour types do like your little inconveniences, dontcha? Laughing

#7: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:31 pm
    ----
- Jens_O_Mehner
- Doug_Kibbey
- MarkHolloway
Those are steps Razz

That's Mr Ferriner to you... Wink

And I always thought that ramp in the back was so convenient for entering the vehicle- you died-in-the-wool armour types do like your little inconveniences, dontcha? Laughing

Well, assuming there's somebody inside to pull that lil' handle fer ya'. And if it's anything like MY vehicle, better you better not be back there or you'd have been squashed like a bug because there was no cable to arrest it's descent. Mr. Green (So, better to use the door, if it's unlocked). But that denies you the benefits of exercise, which CIA types need, bein's as we're...well...decrepit and all. (OK, we were decrepit then, but even more so now)

#8: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:46 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Well, assuming there's somebody inside to pull that lil' handle fer ya'. And if it's anything like MY vehicle, better you better not be back there or you'd have been squashed like a bug because there was no cable to arrest it's descent. Mr. Green (So, better to use the door, if it's unlocked). But that denies you the benefits of exercise, which CIA types need, bein's as we're...well...decrepit and all. (OK, we were decrepit then, but even more so now)

Truer words were never spoken, it took me some time to get my hands and feet arranged just so to climb up that M42 at Munster a couple of months ago- that would be an added benefit of having your own AFV at home, exercise!!! Think my sick insurance would fall for that and sponsor me an M41?

Well, time to grab some shut-eye, it's now about 2 in the am here- thank you, gentlemen and Mr Kibbey, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable day in AFV-land.

#9: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:42 am
    ----
Maintenance area

13 Spare Turret for Type 95 Japanese tank

Last edited by armyjunk2 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:48 am
    ----
Inside

#11: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:49 am
    ----
Outside

#12: Re: M113.... Oregon National Guard, Clackamas...runner Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:57 am
    ----
These Guys have the best collection of Japanese Artillery I have ever seen, everything is like brand new, very nice collection and well taken care of......

#13: Re: Oregon National Guard, Clackamas, lots of stuff 09 Aug 0 Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:15 am
    ----
From a distance (you didn't post a close up from the best angle of it) that Duster almost appears to have a set of spare barrels on the left front fender where they're supposed to be. That would be very unusual. I've only seen it once, and that's on the one in Hue, Vietnam.

#14: Re: Oregon National Guard, Clackamas, lots of stuff 09 Aug 0 Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:47 am
    ----
They do have the extra barrels. They do a great job of finding old stuff out there.

#15: Re: Oregon National Guard, Clackamas, lots of stuff 09 Aug 0 Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:25 am
    ----
Hi AJ2! Hi Folks!

Thanks for posting pictures of those two M114A0s! I always love to see that someone has saved another Lingle for the target range!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board