Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10)
-> Software

#1: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:08 pm
    ----
Microsoft completed testing two hotfixes and has released them for direct download on their website.

It is very important that you apply these two hotfixes on your systems prior to testing. They address a number of stability and performance issues in both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10. Without the hotfixes, you may experience crashing or performance drop offs. Many applications are affected, including BioShock, Company of Heroes, Call of Juarez, Battlefield 2142, Half-Life 2 and others.

The first patch, KB940105, tackles problems caused by graphics cards with large amounts of onboard memory, such as 512MB or more. The second patch, KB936710, is amusingly titled "When a DirectX 10 application runs on a Windows Vista-based computer that has multiple graphics cards, the computer does not use the secondary graphics card." Such a thing might be a problem for a SLI or CrossFire rig, no? The problem only affects DirectX 10 applications, and it's very straightforward: "the operating system does not forward driver-render requests to the secondary GPU." Hence, the second graphics card may be no help whatsoever in DX10.

Obviously, most folks with decent gaming rigs will want to consider installing one or both of these hotfixes. Nvidia put it to us this way: "They address a number of stability and performance issues in both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10. Without the hotfixes, you may experience crashing or performance drop offs. Many applications are affected, including BioShock, Company of Heroes, Call of Juarez, Battlefield 2142, Half-Life 2 and others." Before installing them, you'll probably want to install earlier updates for Windows Vista that address performance and compatibility.

Excerpt courtesy of:- Guru3D.com

#2: Re: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:41 pm
    ----
Why are computers so confusing?

#3: Re: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm
    ----
Think it's just Vista mate.

Wink

#4: Re: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:12 am
    ----
Vista and Norton, that's a combination that hard to beat!...lol

(teasin' the bear or squirrel in this case) ...

#5: Re: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:28 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Vista and Norton, that's a combination that hard to beat!...lol

I would say if you do not know what to do with your $$ then sure you should spend ´m on Vista and Norton,
you´ll have fun for ages with it , that is to get it to work properly

Laughing rotflmao Laughing

#6: Re: Vista Graphics fixes (DX9 &DX10) Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:08 pm
    ----
Norton's workin.
Iss Vista I wanna take out.
Refusing to be beat tho'.
I spent six hours the other night (SIX HOURS!!!) doing a repair re-install with Vista.
It seems to be running better but it's still not as good as I had XP running.
Teach me to listen to Bill's marketing.

-> Software