Norton 360 by Symantec
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Software

#16: Re: Norton 360 by Symantec Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:40 pm
    ----
I use Norton Anti-Virus and it's done me well for a long time.

What I'm not a fan of, is their "Internet Security" package and firewall. There was just too much of a huge resource overhead needed with that, and it increased my latency tremendously.

So I opt not to go with the "complete" suite of integrated Norton/Symantec solutions, and frankly what with being behind a router and having Windows Firewall active I'm not sure I need to. I do use some of the other spyware utilities mentioned above as well.

#17: Re: Norton 360 by Symantec Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:44 am
    ----
It speaks volumes when the software vendor provides a removal utility to remove all traces of their own software from computers.

Must be a big demand for the utility...

You can get it from Norton's home page.

Mr. Green

#18: Re: Norton 360 by Symantec Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:19 am
    ----
In regards to Norton and McAfee - to be honest, Army personnel can access free registered downloads of the same versions used by the government for their personal computers. Another perk of the job I guess, but I use them in conjunction with one another. I schedule all scans around 1am on different days. Firewall - I use Norton most predominantly, disabled when gaming. McAfee takes so much time to configure and I just don't have the know how to mess with it. But when it is on, I can't even access Google! Must be a good protector not to let me out or anyone in!! Laughing

Pest Patrol is a good spyware removal tool. It is not an active protector unless you pay for the service. I also use Uni-Blue software packages I paid for which help with registry repair, registry de-frag, and system optimization. Nice package.

#19: Re: Norton 360 by Symantec Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:52 am
    ----
I would advise against having two software firewalls.
One hardware and one software is fine, but two software firewall together tend to react against each other and you can get loads of intrusion alerts which are really just the other firewall operating.

#20: Re: Norton 360 by Symantec Author: JG300_HuntLocation: WA State PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:56 pm
    ----
Completely agree - I disabled the McAfee one in favor of the Norton

-> Software