Armor in Knoxville Tennessee
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:10 pm
    ----
Hello everyone,

I finally got off my ass and took pictures of the vehicles in front of the Armory here in Knoxville. These are all listed in Neils register 2.5 along with a valid address if anyone is interested.

M60 SN 75
[img]http://www.com-central.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10605/1m60knoxnilletnsn75%7E0.jpg[/img]
M7 (Could not find any data plate or stamping, even inside)

M42 (Couldn't get inside)

M59 (Have no idea where to look, locked up)

M114 Lingle, SN 183

I got the SN by reaching through the vision block opening. Does not match the numbers stamped into the rear below the tow eyes.

This M59 is not in the registry, It is located down the road inside the 278th ACR's CSMS East Facility, 711 Concord AVE, Knoxville TN.

Joe D

#2: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:59 pm
    ----
The M114 was overhauled at "PUAD". I think that's Pueblo, Colorado.

#3: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:07 pm
    ----
I was wonderin' what "PUAD" was, Now I know,

Joe D

#4: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:01 pm
    ----
Looks like a very interesting place. Any front pics of the M7? From the height of the gun I'm thinking it could be an M7B2.

#5: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:48 pm
    ----
With the higher pulpit I am pretty sure it is a B2. Since it was probably put there after being retired from Reserve/National Guard service it was probably in use into the '50s and would have been 'upgraded' to B2 configuration

#6: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:53 am
    ----
Good point. Nice collection, for sure.

#7: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:25 am
    ----
Ask for and you will receive,

To my knowledge all these vehicles were former Tennessee Gaurd before being retired. Some like the M59 are kept in a corner of a Motor Pool out of sight until some one wants one to display. Some inetersting stuff out there. I am trying to track down an M51 VTR that supposedly was used in Oak Ridge to drag test Shocked subjects around. Last info I got was it was going to be restored and displayed in Smyrna, not sure what's going on with it now or where it ended up.

Joe D

#8: Re: Armor in Knoxville Tennessee Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:53 pm
    ----
Cheers - it confirms what we thought. I'd be interested in seeing the M51 pics if you get any.

-> AFV News Discussion Board