Iraqi BMP
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Iraqi BMP Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 am
    ----
Hi Fellow CIA Agents and other Folks!

Over at the US Army dot Mil site is a picture of an Iraqi BMP with national markings on the front left side of the hull.

www.army.mil/-images/2...0/16/9281/

If you click on the picture, you will get a super sized view of the photo.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#2: Re: Iraqi BMP Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 pm
    ----
These are some of the BMP-1's given to Iraq by Greece. They originaly came from East German stocks and were upgraded for the German army in the early `90's, after reunification. Later on they were sold to Greece. Notice the German style headlights, turn signals, and mirriors.

#3: Re: Iraqi BMP Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:48 pm
    ----
Is anybody worried that the soldier standing behind the BMP appears to be looking off at something else while the BMP appears to be backing towards him (and he seems to be in the drivers blind spot)? I hope there is a ground guide off to the right of the picture who is guiding the driver (He appears to be looking off that way).

#4: Re: Iraqi BMP Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:57 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Is anybody worried that the soldier standing behind the BMP appears to be looking off at something else while the BMP appears to be backing towards him (and he seems to be in the drivers blind spot)? I hope there is a ground guide off to the right of the picture who is guiding the driver (He appears to be looking off that way).

Bob, look closely at the enlarged version and you'll notice the vehicle is up against the chocks on the trailer. I think he's gone back as far as he intends to go. Wink

#5: Re: Iraqi BMP Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:48 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I think he's gone back as far as he intends to go. Wink

Yea, maybe. I guess we can't tell if his foot is still on the gas and whether it is in forward or reverse. Somehow I think if he hits the gas it climbs over the chock. But you are probably right. You can stand behind it. Twisted Evil

-> AFV News Discussion Board