Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:43 pm
    ----
continuing from part I

#2: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:13 pm
    ----
Thanks for splitting the thread, Fled...sorry, been a little pre-occupied with the fires here in SoCal.

Please see "announcement" on pic posting guidelines. We LOVE to have pic threads like this, but need to limit the number in a single thread for those on dial-up. Opening second threads for additional pics is acceptable and welcomed. Wink

#3: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 pm
    ----
no worries Doug,

I know you have a thing on your hand there so I jumped in the "puddle" Wink

fled
Cool

#4: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Thanks for splitting the thread, Fled...sorry, been a little pre-occupied with the fires here in SoCal.

Doug, Can you give us a 'Spot Report' from San Diego?

#5: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:07 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
- Doug_Kibbey

My very good friend JG300-Ascout has a thread on this in the "Officer's Club". Update for this morning is that I, at least, can finally get to work. Camp Pendleton is burning and now instead of I-15 being closed, it's the I-5 from at least 56 north. Still zero percent containment. About 50,000 people of the 350,000 HOMES that had to be evacuated are expected to return today. I was able to take in two evacuees at our house (least I could do...never know when I might become one myself). At least five deaths, from 1,000-1,500 homes destroyed and this will likely increase. It's early yet...depends on the winds today. It's only 0610 here right now. We have a skeleton crew at work so I might be pretty busy...

This makes the Cedar Fire of '03 shrink to insignifcance in scale...you have no idea. Go to wikipedia for "California fires" for maps or www.10news.com for maps of the evac areas....they are huge.

I'm lucky, I live precisely between the two largest fires.

D.

#6: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:49 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
- MarkHolloway
- Doug_Kibbey

I'm lucky, I live precisely between the two largest fires.

D.

Uuhh - that seems like a warped view of 'luck' somehow being between the two may be luckier than being in the fires but not as good as being away from the fires

Is there a locale or community name that represents your area (so we know when to go into high gear worrying)

You know we are all thinking about you and concerned

#7: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm
    ----
Let's just say I live in a coastal community precisely between the Harris and Witch Creek fire evacuation zones. Between is lucky...it's "west of" that's not so good.

www.gearthblog.com/blo..._smok.html

#8: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: RayV PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:12 pm
    ----
Doug, My hat's off to you in being able to photograph the entire Liberty tank in one shot within the Ft Meade room!

They also have several WWI and WWII artillery pieces in storage, safe from the elements.

#9: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 am
    ----
I didnt know they still had those German WWI pieces! Or a storage room!

Neil

#10: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: RayV PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:11 pm
    ----
The Ft Meade Storage is a small building located on grounds. No armor, but filled with artillery and a jeep.

If you notice the circled area in the photo, you can see the artillery's portions which had been filled with concrete, making them susceptible to climatic expansion and humidity while exhibited outdoors. Great pieces, but unfortunately they're stuck in storage -Ray

#11: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:30 pm
    ----
Best caption wins...

#12: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:03 pm
    ----
Momma!

#13: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:54 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

The original Dragon Wagon or what is call the HET today! Mr. Green

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#14: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:41 pm
    ----
Little did the tiny male know that the large female would eat it after the mating process was over...

#15: Re: Some photos of Ft. Meade's Museum PART II Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:28 pm
    ----
I concede to Jens!

-> AFV News Discussion Board