XM-803 and XM-800T pictures
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:15 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,

Last week was up at Fort Knox, unfortunately due to scheduling conflicts and absolutely lousy weather Dontos and I never linked up and I never got to Richardson for a photo opportunity. I did take these two for what it's worth during a break in all the rain.

Larger Picture>ComCentral

Larger Picture>ComCentral

Joe D

#2: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:16 pm
    ----
Is the door still unlocked?

#3: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:21 pm
    ----
Hi Joe. Exactly where is the XM-803 located at there? Is it available to the public?

Jeff

#4: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:04 pm
    ----
Jeff,

It depends on what you call public, It's next to Sinclair Hall along with the XM800T which is in plain view, but it's on Fort Knox which requires you to pass through the gates, shouldn't be any problem though, I can't see why anyone could not get a visitor pass. They do it all the time for family members who attend Basic and AIT Graduations.

Mark,

IIRC there was a small master lock on the rear hatch, I really didn't have time to check, I just wanted to get some overhead "Glamore Shots" of the old girls. I'll be back there again, might end up staying in a little longer than planned.

Joe D

#5: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:17 pm
    ----
Joe, My picture shows the unsecure door. It was welded but the weld is broke. You can probably open it and get interior shots next time. Laughing

#6: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:19 pm
    ----
Thanks. I've only seen the vehicles parked outside next to the museum building by the parking lot. On my first visit I was under the impression that it was in that general location (like the T-28) but did not know I could go elsewhere.

On my next visit (next year) I'll see about getting to it.

Jeff

#7: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:21 am
    ----
- JeffStringer
Thanks. I've only seen the vehicles parked outside next to the museum building by the parking lot. On my first visit I was under the impression that it was in that general location (like the T-28) but did not know I could go elsewhere.

On my next visit (next year) I'll see about getting to it.

Jeff

See Upper right corner of Map.

(6th Street by Brooks Field....)

HTH

Don

#8: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 pm
    ----
Thanks Don, that'll work for me!

Jeff

#9: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:09 pm
    ----
Stop by and say hi if you visit. I am on the 3rd floor of Sinclair Hall (bldg 1109). Room 316, on the side where the XM800T is.

#10: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:06 am
    ----
Rob,

I was in that building for ACAP last week.

Joe D

#11: Re: XM-803 and XM-800T pictures Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:17 am
    ----
Thanks Rob, looking forward to it.

Jeff

-> AFV News Discussion Board