More Interesting finds...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:31 am
    ----
APG Elefant 'walk around Video'

Elefant walk around

Greek Army with M48A5's, M60's & Leo 1A5's Shocked

GREEK ARMOR IN ACTION!!!

Don

#2: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:55 pm
    ----
Huh? ... Greek armor? I was sort of lost after the introduction. She could introduce my tanks anytime Smile

#3: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:20 pm
    ----
...and all my units were severely lacking in ammo bearers that looked like that. Shocked

#4: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:08 am
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
...and all my units were severely lacking in ammo bearers that looked like that. Shocked

Try this .....Ft Knox Static Vehicles on Google

#5: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:07 pm
    ----
Dontos -

Great Map!

By the way has anyone noticed the main Google page today?

#6: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:27 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Dontos -

Great Map!

By the way has anyone noticed the main Google page today?

Cool....oh thanks Bob gonna add somemore today

Don

#7: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:32 pm
    ----
- Dontos

Impressive!

#8: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:34 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- Dontos

Impressive!

Not yet....let me get it completed, then it might be a little bit better.

Don

#9: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:54 pm
    ----
I wrote a small booklet about the tanks at Fort Knox some years ago - I'll have to dig it out and check the locations to see how they've changed.

#10: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:05 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I wrote a small booklet about the tanks at Fort Knox some years ago - I'll have to dig it out and check the locations to see how they've changed.

I have seen it, or at least a similiar book. The idea of putting together a complete reference (of specific vehicle data & photos) was influenced by the Ft Knox book as well as the APG books. I was also influenced by inquiries from visiting Veterans (or their families) where a certain vehicle was located. Then there is the researchers, writers, & enthusists who have very specific interests.

I became interested in this little 'pet' project & started collecting information about the time Neil (& crew) started to work on the AFV reference. My efforts have been a little slow. I keep getting distracted with other 'projects'.

The Google 'Armored Ghosts of Ft Knox' that I threw together is an extension of my current effort, which will be a websites of the same name, exhibiting most (if not all) of the vehicles within the P.M.'s collection, as well as the many static displayed vehicles on Ft Knox.

Don

#11: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:06 pm
    ----
I'd be happy if it was my original book - the Patton museum bought a set, but I never heard what happened to them. I'll dig it out when I get the time and bring it up to date.

#12: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:10 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
I'd be happy if it was my original book - the Patton museum bought a set, but I never heard what happened to them. I'll dig it out when I get the time and bring it up to date.

I'll stop-by in the next few days, and see who's book it was.

In the mean time, I've updated the Google Map. It now includes several items never before annotated. I need to confirm they are still on location and perhaps get data & photos.

Armored Ghosts of Ft Knox (GOOGLE MAP REVISED- 11 Nov)

Can anyone find all the 'never before annotated'??? (a new contest of sorts). There are several on my revised Google Map (link above).

Regards
Don

#13: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:31 am
    ----
maybe its time for me to repost photographs of Fort Knox tanks and Don can update what is where if he would. Since its over a hundred I will post them over with the Warbird people...I'll try to do that tomorrow or the next day

#14: Re: More Interesting finds... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:28 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
maybe its time for me to repost photographs of Fort Knox tanks and Don can update what is where if he would. Since its over a hundred I will post them over with the Warbird people...I'll try to do that tomorrow or the next day

I've got most, but I'm editing them in a similiar format, it tends to take a little time.

Then chosing (& locating) the best photo, but I have used a few that others have taken and forward to me.

BTW check PM, I have a few other issues in mind.... Mr. Green

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board