Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves"
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FSX

#16: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:14 pm
    ----
This is the way I do it...

1. Fly the plane that you want to make a thumbnail of
2. Take a screen shot that looks nice.
3. Crop and resize it to 256x128 (not too critical)
4. Rename it thumbnail.jpg
5. Save it to the texture folder of the aircraft in question.

Do the same for any other liveries or Planes you have, each thumbnail goes into the corresponding texture folder.

#17: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:56 pm
    ----
Yep, that's the way.....

Now that I think of it, since the texture fixes have to include all the texture folders, I could just include the thumbnail files for those planes too, since I usually make 'em with the above method when I add them. Makes sense since it's an FSX-specific package that benefits from having the thumbnails too...D'OH!

#18: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:35 pm
    ----
THANKS! Smile

#19: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:31 am
    ----
OK.....I need to grab a cuppa cawfee here and think this one through.....

On the Junkers JU-52 window texture fix, it turns out I already did include the thumbnails for that plane in the Accell/SP2 texture fix download, so you're good to go.

For Milton's Aero Commander prop texture fix, I didnt include them becuase they're already part of the "Aero Commander for FSX" download which the texture fix update expects you to have already....so you're good to go.

For the Connie prop texture fix, I didnt touch 'em.....because some are, and some aren't, included in the 'collection' package that provides all the repaints, and I haven't made the thumbnails for the missing ones (don't scream but I don't fly the Connie much, no VC)....so you're semi-good to go.

For the Buecker Jungmann, there's no such texture update needed since it works flawlessly to begin with. And there's no FSX version, so THAT one, needs to be done.

Then there's the Sanderson Hurricane prop texture fix, I rushed that one last night (long story) and I hadn't made a thumbnail yet so I'll do one and update it.

Soouuuunnnnd about right?

#20: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:03 am
    ----
Allllrighty then.....and I shoulda known better. Before making the thumbnails for the Jungmann I thought, "why not go see if there are some decent repaints to include?". And there were.

So.....it's been submitted and as soon as it gets approved, you'll have your thumbnails and a little bit more, 1Bullet (& folks)... Wink

#21: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:26 pm
    ----
Jee Boss, I really appreciate you for going to all that trouble. Smile
(you must be finished with Christmas shopping Mr. Green )

#22: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:26 pm
    ----
- Kitform
This is the way I do it...

1. Fly the plane that you want to make a thumbnail of
2. Take a screen shot that looks nice.
3. Crop and resize it to 256x128 (not too critical)
4. Rename it thumbnail.jpg
5. Save it to the texture folder of the aircraft in question.

Do the same for any other liveries or Planes you have, each thumbnail goes into the corresponding texture folder.

There are some utilities too like autothumbnail for FSX; But they don't work with SP2& Acceleration.

#23: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: fredhoward PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:47 pm
    ----
I'd like to add my thanks for the Connie fix. I found it by "Googling" the problem and a link came up to this site. I'm now a new member. Thanks again.
Fred

#24: Re: Accelleration texture fixes for some of the "Old Faves" Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
Hi Fredhoward and welcome to Com-Central!

We have a great membership here and if the problem can't be solved here, someone will find a solution and post it here...lol

Smile

-> FSX