Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:42 pm
    ----
Does anyone know of or have you ever seen an existing Japanese armored car? I have a very few pictures from the 1920-30s, but no wrecked cars from any of the island battles, apparently they had very few and they weren't used as an organic part of any armored or tank regiment of unit. Can you think of any? not Tanks but Armored Cars

#2: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:08 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
Does anyone know of or have you ever seen an existing Japanese armored car? I have a very few pictures from the 1920-30s, but no wrecked cars from any of the island battles, apparently they had very few and they weren't used as an organic part of any armored or tank regiment of unit. Can you think of any? not Tanks but Armored Cars

Try here...(if you haven't already)

Japanese Armored Car Website

HTH
Don

#3: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am
    ----
Type 87 armored car (Vickers-Crossley Armored Car M.1925):
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto015.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto016.jpg
.jpg
Type 93 Sumida
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto001.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto002.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto003.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto004.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto005.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto006.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto007.jpg
cook.c58.ru/webrunner/...oto008.jpg

#4: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:37 pm
    ----
Thanks Guys but I'm looking for a existing Japanese armored car , are any left anywhere in the world? Has anyone seen one? Is there one in a collection somewhere? do remains exist anywhere?

#5: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:53 pm
    ----
I just checked, and I cant see that any were brought back to the Ordnance Museum. The place to check would be Tomczyk's Japonska Bron Pancerna: Japaneses Armor volumes, I'll have to try to check mine this week...

Neil

#6: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:23 pm
    ----
If there is indeed one left in the world, Taki would know, so best ask him:

taki @ yellow.plala.or.jp

Somehow I cannot shake the feeling having seen one somewhere in a museum in Indonesia, Malaysia or Singapore, but that may be the result of glue fumes or something similar... Rolling Eyes

FWIW

Jens O.

#7: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:55 pm
    ----
Neil i have those i will check, thanks

thanks Jens

I'm not sure any are left......

#8: Re: Does anyone know of an existing Japanese Armored Car Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 pm
    ----
I'm thinking China...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board