Invisible tank
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Invisible tank Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm
    ----
I know some of the British newspapers are somewhat less then 'respectable" so I'm not sure how credible this is

www.dailymail.co.uk/pa...ge_id=1811

If it is true just imagine the fun you could have at a modelling contest. just do the scenery and defy the judges to prove you're wrong Twisted Evil

Jeff Lewis

PS don't know how useful it would be since you would still show up on thermal sights

#2: Re: Invisible tank Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:24 pm
    ----
Tank was completely invisible to me...all I saw was Sam Taylor-Woods. Wink

#3: Re: Invisible tank Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:43 pm
    ----
Beware !!! a dust cloud is firing on us !!

Mr. Green

#4: Re: Invisible tank Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:47 pm
    ----
Actually invisible tanks have been around for years. The Germans first used them in WWII. Col Jarret arranged for several to be brought back to Aberdeen. Several have been on display for years Not all those 'empty' Pads are empty One has a Pz Vi on it. Another the PzKW IVi had one of it's tracks replaced with a track from a standard Pz IV and many folks thought it was a tack sitting by itself on one of the display pads. There are some American T series invisible tanks also. Unfortunately due to bad record keeping in the late 50s and through the 60s several have been lost and are believed to be sitting 'somewhere' on an Army base. It is thought that the T28 that showed up at Ft Belvoir was actually part of an invisibility paint test. It had been painted and used for tests and forgotten about. Eventually as the paint aged it lost it's properties and after heavy spring rains became visible.

Maybe I'll have to do a special 'invisible tanks' tour soon. Although very few folks have taken pictures of these very special tanks you will sometimes see them in the background of other shots taken at Aberdeen

#5: Re: Invisible tank Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:26 am
    ----
- piney
I know some of the British newspapers are somewhat less then 'respectable" so I'm not sure how credible this is

www.dailymail.co.uk/pa...ge_id=1811

www.jedsite.info/misc/...eries.html

#6: Re: Invisible tank Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:46 am
    ----
Though not a tank, the Mighty Gav!nâ„¢ is apparently invisible, owing to the fact that no one has ever reported seeing one. Some 80,000+ M113 variants have been reported as eminently visible worldwide.

#7: Re: Invisible tank Author: Chris_CLocation: WV, USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 am
    ----
Light Refractin' Gav!n?

#8: Re: Invisible tank Author: Misfire PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Though not a tank, the Mighty Gav!nâ„¢ is apparently invisible, owing to the fact that no one has ever reported seeing one.

One notable looney excepted.

-> AFV News Discussion Board