FSX SP1 Installed?
-> FSX

#1: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:45 pm
    ----
I re-installed FSX with much difficulty a couple of months ago (had to uninstall the installer first). Now I can't remember if I re-installed SP1. When I try, I get the usual freezes, and I don't want to get back into msconfig, disable the non-microsoft services, do the prefetech, un and re-install, blah blah.

Is there a simple way to tell if my FSX install is running with SP1?

I also have Acceleration Pack recently installed (another nightmare), so I won't need SP2.

Thanks for any help.

#2: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 am
    ----
Pretty sure that if you have Accelleration installed, since that puts you at the SP2 level, there's no need to worry about SP1.

Matter of fact I remember some dialogue that Accell would be all-inclusive in that regard, so you're OK. And I don't think SP1 would actually install if you tried because it would see a different, newer version.

If you go to your FSX main folder, right-click on FSX.exe, and then look at the "version" tab, under "File Version" it should say:

10.0.61637.0 (FSX-Xpack.20070926-1421)

(at least that's what mine says and it's all up to speed).

#3: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:48 am
    ----
Thanks for the quick reply. A few minutes later, I was reading your reply to EURO_ACBRIT1 who discovered he didn't have SP1 installed. I did, and the Acceleration pack does seem to take care of SP2 and probably won't install without SP1. So we are good. Thanks again!

#4: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
    ----
Always welcome, glad to help!

#5: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:56 am
    ----
Great job Stoopy!

much appreciated!

just for informational purposes :

When you have a "clean" fsX install,
fsX Acceleration will install SP1 and SP2 is incorporated with it,
Also when having previously mentioned there is NO need to get SP2 seperatly as it won't install anyway Laughing

SP2 will only install for the ones that have fsX+ SP1
SP2 is NOT needed for fsX Acceleration

Another thing to look at is to make shure you have all the updates for the .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 as that seems to help a wee bit when trying to install fsX and related items.

fled
Cool

#6: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:10 pm
    ----
There is a utility you can download from M$ called "Windows Installer Clean Up". I used this, on the advice of Bombay, to successfully re-install FSX awhile ago. I was able to install Acceleration over FSX by turning off all non M$ services in msconfig, clearing the prefetch, and restarting. Although it takes them 45 minutes to explain this, it seems to be a basically good way to try to (re) install FSX. If that doesn't work, then I think you use the installer clean up to remove the previous...installer...and start over as above. I'm lucky it works at all. BTW, the acceleration pack really isn't worth the money.

Anyway, thanks again, all, and Stoopy, you saved me a butt-load of time and hassle. Smile

#7: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:19 am
    ----
Anything to help a fellow Com-C pilot!

#8: Re: FSX SP1 Installed? Author: EURO_TalusLocation: HMP Wandsworth, Wandsworth, SW18 3HS PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:35 am
    ----
Hey, you're right Fled...there is a service pack for .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 I just installed. Would have thought they would have let me know about that with my automatic updates. Guess not. Well, we'll see if it re-starts in the morning. Thanks again, lads, for all the help.

Talus

-> FSX