and the headache begins
-> CFS3

#1: and the headache begins Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:33 pm
    ----
well,,,I'm having another issue with my cfs3 and dont even know where to begin........I was having problems before because I moved the game to a new hard drive,,,,,I did a full reinstall on C drive and was working fine .....I did get a router but it has no problem with FS9 multiplayer,,,,,,I dont know if its a port problem or what but when I joined stoopys game today all was fine until I spawned......whithin a few seconds the game crashes and I end up at desktop,,,also all the letterings that should be on screen are not there,,,,,which was the problem before my reinstall......but why would I be crashing?????,,,and if its a router issue would it not give me the problems upon trying to enter multiplayer???not when I am already in a game........kinda gettin tired of reinstalling over and over again,,,,,,,any thoughts????????

#2: Re: and the headache begins Author: AARP-StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am
    ----
did you open the required ports? (2300 UDP and 28883-28886 UDP) Some routers will allow traffic through default ports, but higher volume such as on-line gaming necessitate port triggering.

#3: Re: and the headache begins Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:47 am
    ----
Right - and Hoppa you asked about router setup last night - sorry I wasn't in a position to type a lot - we had company over, stepson and his fiance, and everyone was in the room discussing the upcoming wedding....I woulda got shot if I got engaged in a heavy MP conversation.

Microsoft provides the following port forward info:
support.microsoft.com/kb/829475

Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe requires that the following User Datagram Protocol (UDP) ports are open to play multiplayer games:

Trigger port Public port Protocol
2300 28883 - 28886, 2300 UDP
28883 UDP 28883 - 28886, 2300 UDP
28884 UDP 28883 - 28886, 2300 UDP
28885 UDP 28883 - 28886, 2300 UDP
28886 UDP 28883 - 28886, 2300 UDP

..which basically means, on my router, I set it up like this:

Port Range: 28883 to 28886 Type: "UDP" IP address: "Your IP" then ENABLE (check)

"Your IP" means enter the last three digits of the IP address for your computer. IF you do not know it, then go to the Windows Start menu, select "Run...", type cmd, and at the DOS window type ipconfig and press ENTER. Your Ip address will show as "IP Address". Write it down and close the window.

Also, in your router setup you may have a check box for "UPnP" Enable or Disable (Universal Plug and Play)....make sure this is DISABLED.

I can send you screenshots of my router setup but unelss its the same kind (Linksys) it amy not mean much.

#4: Re: and the headache begins Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:49 pm
    ----
well awesome guys,,,,,,,,now I got this info ,,,,,,but funny thing was,,,,,I was able to get into a couple other rooms later on with no probs so it cant be the router,,,,,,,,,,I think I just have a gremlin in my CFS3 game,,,,,I'll find that lil' bugger and smoke him out then stomp on his head many times over......he is a testy lil' guy but has hit my last nerve so its now become a vendetta.......until its head is displayed on my wall I will not give up /...........

thanks again for the router info though,,,,,I'm sure I will still come in very handy.........

#5: Re: and the headache begins Author: 411sq_Mtnman PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:53 pm
    ----
Switch over to IL2!

#6: Re: and the headache begins Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:13 pm
    ----
- 411sq_Mtnman
Switch over to IL2!

Yep...that would fix the problem.

#7: Re: and the headache begins Author: airshowpilot PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:55 pm
    ----
- 411sq_Mtnman
Switch over to IL2!

Mr. Green

#8: Re: and the headache begins Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:33 pm
    ----
- 401RCAF_HitMan
- 411sq_Mtnman
Switch over to IL2!

Yep...that would fix the problem.

And you get a beer coaster, just like mine.
Mr. Green

#9: Re: and the headache begins Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:21 pm
    ----
LOL...Don't listen to them Hoppa. I play CFS3 just as much IL-2, if not even more.

#10: Re: and the headache begins Author: SnwMan0Location: Mn,USA PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:00 pm
    ----
Ground the plane , Get to running in CoD Smile

#11: Re: and the headache begins Author: airshowpilot PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:41 am
    ----
- SnwMan0
Ground the plane , Get to running in CoD Smile

Is this a fishing game Jeremy?

-> CFS3