The fate of a Pz IV ...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:09 pm
    ----
Found this one on Facebook of all places in a group for former members of a Finnish Military Police training unit apparently based at Parola.

This Pz IV is badly shot up, at least its right side, but some components should be salvageable (running gear etc.)

Where it is? It doesn't say but it's not hard to find out.

#2: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:17 pm
    ----
Another essential question : still existing?
There are interesting parts to save in order to restore one of the Bulgarian Pz IVs, like on the engine deck + running gear..

P-O

#3: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
Another essential question : still existing?
There are interesting parts to save in order to restore one of the Bulgarian Pz IVs, like on the engine deck + running gear..

P-O

I'd say it's still there with a few more holes in it. These boys did their basic training in 2006 so the pictures should be from the summer/fall of 06. The question is on which shooting range?

#4: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 am
    ----
This is the picture preceding the posing with the "prey ".

#5: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 am
    ----
I suppose that the authorities know its value since the auction with the 3 StuGs.. maybe it will be offered in a near future? I hope so !!

P-O

#6: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
I suppose that the authorities know its value since the auction with the 3 StuGs.. maybe it will be offered in a near future? I hope so !!

P-O

Indeed, I hope Esa sees this and knows exactly where it is. I know they have tugged some of the more rarer hard targets off range (a T28 if I remember correctly) but this one I haven't seen before.

#7: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: willphelps PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 am
    ----
That one is Ps-221-11, fgst nr 91792, located at Säkylä.

--Will

#8: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:11 am
    ----
- willphelps
That one is Ps-221-11, fgst nr 91792, located at Säkylä.

--Will

Thank You Will Smile

#9: Re: The fate of a Pz IV ... Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:48 pm
    ----
Thanks Will

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board