Moser was 'in town'
-> Officer's Club

#1: Moser was 'in town' Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:46 am
    ----
I got a surprise PM a couple days ago. Since Moser earned his private pilots license and he's an hours flight away from my local airport, he 'bopped' on over. We went up for a tour of the area and yep, I even got to fly a bit on my own. (Couldn't find the machine guns though...lol)

Here's some pics...

Moser standing by his plane prior to take off...

Heading out to the runway...

In the air at 2500ft. The town is Shelbyville, IL. which hosts a BIG 60 mile resort lake.

Next, we flew over the small town I live in...Tower Hill. Yep, my house is in the picture... Wink

As we flew back to the airport, we lined up for final...

Down in one piece, Moser and I got to talk for a short while before he had to head back home. I took this pic as he got airborn...

Thanks Moser, it was a great way to not only meet someone from CC, but to enjoy flying as well. Moser commented he didn't see any sheep...lol

#2: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 am
    ----
Wow nice touch & nice pics!!

Hey Moser when you get to the east coast of the States, if you carry on hdg east'ish you'll get over here to the UK lol but you might wanna wait till the weather picks up a bit Wink

#3: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 pm
    ----
I got a nice tail wind and the flight back took only 45 minutes. Really beautiful day to fly and great to meet you, Bush! The whole airport was really to ourselves, except that turboprop cropduster that was working quite hard.

I was wondering if I can convince my FBO to repaint the plane into CC colors?

#4: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:48 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Moser commented he didn't see any sheep...lol
Who tipped you off?

#5: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:27 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Moser commented he didn't see any sheep...lol

Of course, he wouldn't, would he?..... his being covered head-to-toe in black latex and all while you were doing the "sheep" thing. Wink

#6: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:57 pm
    ----
LOL...well, I sure didn't get much time to 'warn' the romantic counterparts prior to his arrival...lol

Hmmm, repainting the plane to CC colors? I LIKE IT!...lol

#7: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 pm
    ----
Great to hear about the meeting, only piccie's are not loading at this end ? Crying or Very sad

#8: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:03 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Great to hear about the meeting, only piccie's are not loading at this end ? Crying or Very sad

Suddenly not for me either. Maybe some tomfoolery with sheep were detected in the background?

#9: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:07 pm
    ----
Did ya stumble over the servers powercord chasing "Dolly" again bushy ?? Rolling Eyes

#10: Re: Moser was 'in town' Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 pm
    ----
Yep, the server locked up for some reason. I booted it...uhm...I mean rebooted it..lol

-> Officer's Club