David Maltby's Trident
-> FS2004

#1: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:03 am
    ----
"The Tridents are back!

New high accuracy panel
Fully functional Virtual Cockpit (say what!!??)
Improved flight dynamics
Upgraded textures
Trident 2 & Trident 3 models
Custom made Autopilot with full Autoland !

Still Freeware - we want as many people as possible to enjoy & remember this pioneering British Classic. (send a £10 donation to the Trident Preservation Society if you'd prefer to make it payware or donationware)

Special thanks to the following people:-
Dave Booker for the usual quality photos, but also for providing me with the Trident manuals that were the reason for starting this update. Saverio Maurri for finishing the 2D panel off with the overhead sections, engine starters & the design of the pilot's view on the 2D panel. Peter McLeland, Jon Goldwater & Brian Withers for some top quality testing and input over the final month of development. All three are very experienced pilots with Peter & Jon both ex-Trident Captains as well."

-> www.dmflightsim.co.uk/...rident.htm

#2: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:06 am
    ----
Cool

Looking very nice indeed Marco !!

fled

#3: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:46 am
    ----
Wow, Fled, just having a look at it, and it really seems another "must have"!
Two models (Trident 2 and 3) with or without virtual cockpit, 6 + 4 liveries, and panel and VC are impressive! Surprised

Into VC, you have a mini-panel that shows up in the bottom left corner, allowing you to slide the cockpit right-left up-down:

Cool
Marco

#4: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:17 am
    ----
Mr. Green

was allready on dicovery tour

I think some payware dudes may scratch behind their ears as to how they dare to ask money for some stuff they offer

indeed this is a absoluet MUST HAVE !!

Chapeau to David and his team !!

fled

#5: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:30 am
    ----
WOW...very impressive indeed! Looks like a need for an EZ install though..:wink:

#6: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:33 am
    ----
YES YES YES, by all means make an EZ install of this little beauty!!!! Cool

#7: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:50 am
    ----
If you agree, we might test it online since Sunday flight #24 (the previous two have been already planned), eh?
Cool
Marco

#8: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: BooRayLocation: Des Moines, IA PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:18 am
    ----
Finally!

I have most of the planes on his sight but the Trident had been in the hanger for sometime for repairs and updates. Glad to see they are out now.

#9: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:03 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

collected all the needed stuff into one "EZ-install"

you can get it here for a limited period of time, all is as David and his team made it, nothing added or changed, only made an "EZ-installer" for it for ya lazy gits Laughing

btw, this baby needs some studying before taking her up to the heavens ! Wink

fled
Cool

#10: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:16 am
    ----
Thanks Fled...:D

#11: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:00 pm
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
Rolling Eyes

collected all the needed stuff into one "EZ-install"

you can get it here for a limited period of time, all is as David and his team made it, nothing added or changed, only made an "EZ-installer" for it for ya lazy gits Laughing

btw, this baby needs some studying before taking her up to the heavens ! Wink

fled
Cool

Thank 'ya kindly sir! Mr. Green

#12: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:40 am
    ----
A lot of new stuff for the Trident:
-> www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

A few more repaints have been added to the Tridents.
Trident 2 - Cyprus, Cyprus/BA hybrid, BA with original 'British Airways' titles
Trident 3 - BA with original 'British Airways' titles

By special request, both these original BA liveries are disgustingly clean!
Note: Each BA red tail Trident contains replacement textures so you can have 'British' or 'British airways' titles all clean or dirty!
All downloads have been updated, but the new files are also available here..."

-----

Sound fix? (not needed by most people)
Again, a small number have been getting problems using the sounds (all models).
I finally found something in the sound.cfg files that could theoretically cause a problem with less tolerant sound drivers. May or may not work, but it's not going to do any harm.
All downloads have been updated, but the changed files are also available here...

-----

Trident fixes
A small number of folks have parts of the floor & roof vanishing in the Trident VC. I've modified the 3D model to make this less likely.
Also some report oscillations with Height Lock on the autopilot. I could only get it happening at sim speed of 4x and above. It was a timing issue in the autopilot processing & I've managed to sort it. It's steady at 16x on my PC now.
All downloads have been updated, but the changed files are also available here...

-----

And, for the kind volunteer who wants to provide some more, here's a paintkit:
-> www.dmflightsim.co.uk/...rident.htm

TRIDENT_PAINTKIT.zip - 900 Kb

Marco

#13: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:52 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

As soon as I can get round to it, I'll tinker up a update EZi file with the new paints and the updates, hope I'll manage to do it before sunday.

#14: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:57 am
    ----
Fled, if you and the mates agree, I'd like to switch to this for some testing since the next Sunday flight - almost same speed as the 737 we're using at present.

This means you don't need to feel pressed by hurry, expecially as lately you're quite busy with all the new stuff coming out.

Marco

#15: Re: David Maltby's Trident Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

Updated version is uploaded for a limited time, you can get it here => David Maltby's updated Trident

fled
Wink

-> FS2004