Anyone been to Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depots in PA?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Anyone been to Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depots in PA? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:23 pm
    ----
I recently heard from a gentleman (Tom Dinackus) who has been tracking AFVs on display for a while now - but a lot of his info is dated. 10 years or more ago...

For example, he says there was an M52 and an M55 (self-propelled guns/howitzers) at Letterkenny in the 1970s. Slightly more recently (1996) he says there was an M60A0, M113A2, and an M577 at Tobyhanna.

Anyone have info?

Neil

#2: Re: Anyone been to Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depots? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 pm
    ----
Hmm... Tobyhanna seems to have a veritable Mile of Tanks...

maps.google.com/maps?f...6&t=h&z=18

Neil

#3: Re: Anyone been to Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depots in P Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:13 pm
    ----
One thing they had at Tobyhanna was an M1015 ELINT vehicle. It was in JoMO, IIRC. I think they have displays of what they support.

KL

#4: Re: Anyone been to Letterkenny or Tobyhanna Army Depots in PA? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:47 pm
    ----
Looks well worth checking out Neil,

From what I can tell the last vehicle in line is an M60A1/A3 with an M110 in front. Never know what gems are hiding there.

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board