Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS*
-> Officer's Club

#1: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:47 pm
    ----
Was at a staples store making a call and heard these babies on final approach! I had just enough time to run out to my car and take some pictures!

#2: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:10 pm
    ----
Nice shots. Mr. Green

#3: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:08 am
    ----
Great piccies Mr. Green

#4: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
-S-

Nice pics, when I was driving big trucks into the U.S. , I use to park at a truck stop in Terre Haute, Ind. There was a base close by and the F-16,s would take off and fly jst over the truck stop, a couple of hundred feet up. Very noisy in full afterburner but neat to watch. One early morning I watched a Squadron take off..loved every minute of it..!!!

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#5: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 pm
    ----
I work on one of the approach paths to Offuit AFB in Nebraska, and I see KC-135s and EC-135s every day. An EC-135 is an airbourne command post. I will occasionally see and E-4b (747) version of the command post.

#6: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: WolfeLocation: Away Down South in Dixie, USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 pm
    ----
~S~ I live in Birmingham Alabama, and the company I work for is located at the end of the runways near the airport. There is a squadron of KC-235's station there at the National guard post.Commanding officer there also has a fighter he keeps his hours up in, looks like an old Tomahawk, but can't tell, if I can get a pic of it I will post it here..

#7: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:50 pm
    ----
dupe D'Oh!

Last edited by HF_SlowHand on Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:51 pm
    ----
Nice shots NEEDACAR!

I used to go west on Glendale ave when I lived in Phoenix (1978) and watch the Luke AFB Fighters take off, it was incredible (they would fly over Palo Verde on their way to a practice range by Yuma breaking the sound barrier... EXCELLENT!).

#9: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm
    ----
I live about 5 miles from Eglin Air Force Base and I'm treated to F-15, F-16, F-18, Ospreys, Hurcules Gun Ships(not sure the right name....lol) and some super big Helos all the time. We also get some fairly big bombers here as Eglin is the biggest bomb testing base east of the Mississippi River. It's hard to get any work done as I'm always looking up to see what is flying by Laughing . In 2009 or early 2010 the new F-35 will be based here and that ought to be real interesting!

#10: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 am
    ----
Homey... don't know if you knew but Eglin was where Doolittle and his Raiders started there initial training for their famous raid.

Little titbit of historical info for you there Smile

#11: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:01 pm
    ----
Seems I heard that Jel. They had a history show on the local tv channel here and Eglin was a very busy base during WW2! Seems they used to test the early development of ground to air missiles right over the Gulf of Mexico only about 1 mile from where I live long before this area was populated. They also tested that huge bunker buster bomb here that they dropped in Iraq. Even tho it was about 15 miles from here my Dad said it shook his house. I hear bombs go off all the time but I bet that one was scary...lol.
45 miles west of here is Pensacola NAS where the Blue Angels are based. Went to see them last year at Pensacola NAS and it was great! They put two shows a year on here and I plan on going to the one they hold over the water this year. I've heard that they get so low they actually have a large spray of water behind them! I'll try to get some good pics of that!
Here are a few of the pics from last year. The last two were very emotional as I'm sure ya'll heard about the crash last year that claimed the life of one of the pilots.

Last edited by Shadow_Homfixr on Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
-S-

There is a great show on the Blue Angles on the Military Channel. Its about 4 hours long. I have watched it twice drooloing all the time..lol..If it comes on again, watch it. You wont be dissapointed if you love fast jets.

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#13: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:15 pm
    ----
Seems I can't get more than 2 pics to show so maybe I add them here...lol

#14: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:59 pm
    ----
You have to love the precision of all the Blue Angels (ground crew as well as the pilots and their a/c)...

Makes you proud and gives you that - - you want some of this? You have NO IDEA what you are going to get!

Cannot wait for for the US Air Force Graduation Show end of May in Colorado...

WoHoooooooooooo!

#15: Re: Saw a couple KC135's and F-16's today *PICS* Author: RAF92_BattleHawkLocation: British Columbia, Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:29 pm
    ----
Even more amazing is the Canadian Forces Snowbirds, because they do the same thing, but with 40 year old trainers!

-> Officer's Club