Site Update...
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Site Update... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm
    ----
It's time again to update the site with the latest and greatest features. While most of the updates are Administrative and Security, we've been working on some new themes to allow for extra choice in how CC is displayed.

Some of the themes stayed the same such as CCX and AFV, but we've added some new ones to the list such as AFV2, CCNT and Groundpounder. We've also made the default and dragonfly themes to reflect CC.

In order to do the update, we'll have to put the site down (put in maintenance mode). If all goes well and it should, the site should be down between 1 and 3 hours.

The planned update will be today starting at 11:00 CST. That's approx. 2 hours from now. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but the time is worth the upgrade... Smile

Bush

Last edited by Shadow_Bshwackr on Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Site Update... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm
    ----

#3: Re: Site Update... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:07 pm
    ----
Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk....lol

Well, the upgrade didn't go as well as it could have and yep, we have some bugs. On our test server it went very well, but this one didn't fair so well. We'll get it sorted but until then, I'm going to lock the default theme in for everyone. Once we get it sorted, I'll open the theme selection back up. Smile

On the bright side, it looks as if the main upgrade went well.

#4: Re: Site Update... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 pm
    ----
elfs at work LOL, thanks to all the CC werkers for the quality site we all take for granted!

#5: Re: Site Update... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 pm
    ----
LOL..thanks Slow. Wink

Well, I'm going to leave well enough alone for today. What should have been an 2 hour ordeal has turned into a 8 hour one and it's still not where it needs to be. I'll pick it up again as soon as we do some additional testing on this server. Boy, I was looking forward to the new themes too..

#6: Re: Site Update... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 pm
    ----
I say we hang 'im....

Nah...not really. So, the AFV guys will have to wait a little for the big surprize...no biggie. Good work, Bushy, we'll cut out an extra tender lamb for ya' when it's all done. Wink

#7: Re: Site Update... Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:20 pm
    ----
lookin good so far

#8: Re: Site Update... Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:48 pm
    ----
WOW!!! Looks Great Bush!!!

#9: Re: Site Update... Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:07 am
    ----
- Shadow_Homfixr
WOW!!! Looks Great Bush!!!

ditto

#10: Re: Site Update... Author: Thud68Location: AZ USA PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:07 am
    ----
nice look dude!!!!!!!!!!!

#11: Re: Site Update... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:32 am
    ----
Looks kinda... 'clean'.
Need Kit ta start leaving his clothes on the floor again.

#12: Re: Site Update... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:54 am
    ----
Thanks for all the positive input everyone!

We'll get the bugs sorted out soon... Wink

#13: Re: Site Update... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:36 pm
    ----
Ok Everyone! The site is back with all the new themes loaded. The option to let you select your own theme is turned on. As always, please report any and all bugs. Smile

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding...

#14: Re: Site Update... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:43 pm
    ----
Yayyyyyy well done Bushy.

#15: Re: Site Update... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:10 pm
    ----
Out-Phu-Khen-Standing!

-> Officer's Club